Oak Park Hotels

• LauraWest profile photo LauraWest
  • Reviews: 180

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

BR Guest House: Small, Gourmet B & B

UPDATE: The B & B has changed owners, I just discovered (when I wanted to add the web address), but the new owner is a chef & the place is probably just as nice. If I stay there again, I will update again! the rates may be higher now...

This place only has 3 guest rooms now, one has a private bath. Very nicely furnished. Everything I needed was in my room and it was very attractive & comfy. The bedroom i stayed in was small, you share the bath but the bed was very wonderful.

Breakfast was in the dining room. I don't think I'll ever forget the fruit cocktail my breakfast began with; it had about a dozen different kinds of fresh fruits in it! I forget the husband's name; he is the chef in this couple. He loves to prepare, and to plan, the breakfasts. He told me this, and I believe him!

Recommend this B & B to anyone! Very reasonably priced for the area, too & just one street over the western border of Chicago, too. Oak Park is a very beautiful place. You'll love it.

The little back yard/patio is very attractive. You walk through it from the parking area, in the alley. You have full use of the living rooms, though I was too busy to sit there! You get your own key to the outside door & can lock your bedroom, too.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average