4112 North Brandywine, Peoria, Illinois, 61614, United States

Quality Inn & Suites Peoria
Hotels.com Expedia.com Travelocity

• shrimp56's Profile Photo

Nicely renovated

The rooms had just been redone as Jameson took over the property from another chain. The room was attractive & comfortable, including a wide screen TV, coffee maker, Microwave and small refrigerator.

Unique Quality: A "hot breakfast" was included. The "hot" element was biscuits and gravy. I heard it was tasty, but I had ingested my share of sodium the previous day.

Directions: Coming south from Chicago Exit I 74 at War Memorial Drive. Turn right onto WMD then left at first light onto Brandywine. Bend left, wander back towards I 74. Turn in at the Jameson sign just after some churches. Or use your GPS :)

More about Peoria

You're There!!  Don't Be Afraid Go InsideYou're There!! Don't Be Afraid Go Inside

The Raised FloorThe Raised Floor

The Wheelchair State ChampionshipsThe Wheelchair State Championships

more art detail from the Civil War Memorialmore art detail from the Civil War Memorial

Crime Rate?

by Ohhappyday

Does anyone know about the crime rate in downtown Peoria, near the Civic Center? Seems like there are some negative comments about crime in the area. Who can help? Thanks.

RE: Crime Rate?

by MontroseMartins

Hi, I know this is somewhat of a late reply, but I thought I'd respond with my personal experience. I lived in Peoria for a while, from 2004-5. I left a work-related party one night that was being held at the Civic Center, and got harassed by some street bum as I walked to my car. It frightened me so much that I had to get security to escort me to my car. And I'm from a big, crime-ridden city! In my experience, I would not want to spend a lot of time downtown at night near the Civic Center, as this kind of occurence has also happened near the bus station and Riverplex. Almost every day there was some news story about a shooting downtown. During the day it seems OK though.

Travel Tips for Peoria

The best pizza in town!

by Sandypaws3

Leonardo's Pizza has the best pizza in town! Great deep dish and thin crust, and they're not sparing on the toppings or the cheese. To get to Leonardo's take 150 going West, and it's on your left. Can't miss it... there's a big, yellow sign with a picture of Leonardo DaVinci on it :-) On Friday and Saturdays, they have music. Sitting in Leonardo's with my family, eating pizza, and listening to Applegate.

Everybody over the age of 40...

by Ciourtichika

Everybody over the age of 40 blows their nose VERY loudly in restaurants everywhere here in town. Nobody has the common courtesy of going to the rest room of doing something like this. And aren't these the same people saying the kids these days do not know how to behave? Oh ... ... ... You will not get out of town without being force fed music from phil collins EVERY WHERE YOU GO!!!!! Yawnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!

Gargoyles in Peoria??

by riorich55

I had never seen this before either. While standing across the street taking the last few pictures of the Robertson Memorial Field House (which they are demolishing to make room for new campus athletic facilities) I noticed this ordinary looking house with a Gargoyle on the roof. Now where did the Bradley students get that from???

Great American/Itallian Food

by Ike_2005 about Avantis

The inside is like any sit down restaraunt I guess. Nothing really special that I can remember. I always get carry out when I go. This restaraunt is awesome. I eat there several times whenever I come home on leave. I recommend the pizza burgers or the gondolas. A pizza burger is basically a meatball sandwich, but it's the best meatball sandwich I have ever eaten. A gondola is a submarine sandwich made up of mostly italian meats like salami and pastrami and it has some veggies on it as well. The bread is the big secret to both sandwichs I think. If you're ever in Peoria you should check this place out.

Skip Stewart Modified Pitts Special "Prometheus"

by Dester

Skip completely disassembled his Pitts S-2S and rebuilt it to specifications unique to his flying style.

The fuselage has been strengthened and fitted with new wings, designed by Scheunemann Aviation Products, to handle the high G loads imposed during his routine.

All the control surfaces have been enlarged to make Skip's unique maneuvers possible.

The engine was replaced by a highly modified, 550 cubic inch powerhouse

I watched him fly sideways fifteen feet off of the ground. The darndest thing to see.

Comments