225 NE Adams Street, Peoria, Illinois, 61602, United States

Priceline.com Booking.com Travelocity

• A view of scum!

This was an experience to remember. I requested a 'smoking' room...the bottom 2 flrs. are deligated for us. Yes...we might have been, for all intensive purposes, deligated to the crypt! NO ASHTRAYS! After having to make "3" trips to the front desk for the request (the call to housekeeping was busy at all times) I simply asked them to arrange for me to pick one up at the desk!

The carpet in the room was spotted; the chair seat, nasty; our ice bucket smeared with previous patrons' food and dampness; the window was filthy; the door knob to the bathroom filthy; the room generally dusty; our view of the a/c unit with broken glass and tons of scummy water, thoroughly disgusting; no place to put your hand soap...thus either having to use an addition washcloth or let it stick to the basin....not nice.

To get ice, we had the option of going to either flr. 3,6, or 8...none on our floor. Having made the trip up one flr., only to find the machine on 3 was inoperable, I had to visit the one on 6 to get ice.

All in all...I can not suggest anyone book into this hotel if they are smokers, unless they want to go sans smoking, and book in the upper rooms...I hear they are much, much nicer.

Ours was an unfortunate experience...I would not come here again...ever!

Unique Quality: I will say we did enjoy the ambience of the lounge area, and the complimentary breakfast spread was very nice. A nice variety of morning fare. Yet, the cleanliness on the whole left something to be desired. Food on the carpet; on the seats and the tables.

If one only sees the image of the place, it is quite interesting and nice, just don't start 'looking', for you will then see the 'real' place.

I can't, in all conscience, recommend the 'Mark Twain,' to anyone.

Directions: Downtown