Super 8 Peoria East

Great (4.0 out of 5.0) 1 review

Tags

Road Trip Family Travel Budget Travel
See Amenities

You could do worse for a hotel

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on January 1, 2010

I thought, given that I was a bit overwhelmed sifting through incomplete reviews of hotels when booking, I owed it to fellow travelers to contribute. I had an overall pleasant experience. Very close to Interstate 74. All internal corridors made a more secure stay, which is important for a single traveler. Staff was very helpful and friendly at both ends of my trip before/after Christmas. Free internet was a plus and worked without a hitch first night. Returning it had glitches (even with tech support) which hindered my checking changing weather patterns and travel departure planning, but staff did what they could for me, even though the lobby computer's browser was also down. Rooms were clean and (mostly) quiet. It's not the fault of the staff, but construction of the building was obviously thin-walled, as one night I could hear every vocalization and snore the man on the opposite side of my bed wall made (a little creepy, but I put on my earphones and got enough sleep to get by). I saw folks with kids, and pets, on both nights of my stay. Yet, I didn't hear either, which means they were all quiet, on different floors, or perhaps some dividers had better sound-proofing. As a pet person, I appreciated that this is a pet-friendly establishment, and (despite having to take smoking rooms reportedly) would consider it for cross-country trips with my own companions. In-room fridges with ice compartments were a big plus for someone who always (even on day trips!) travels with food and ice packs. I only took advantage of the free cable one night, but everything seemed in order. Parking was well lit, ample, and convenient to the entrance. Continental breakfast would be adequate for most travelers with average dietary needs. I took advantage of the ready hot water for my own tea, and the toaster for my own bread products, and these were available at all hours. I didn't avail myself of the laundry facilities, and forgot to ask whether they were free (I thought I saw coin slots) but they were centrally located on the main floor. Elevator assisted with loading/unloading comfortably. Rooms were almost spotless (an occasional oversight here or there but nothing gross). Beds could have been firmer but sufficed. I appreciated the couchette with coffee table or alternately the easy recliner chair with table/lamp provided in the single rooms I had. One thing I'd never seen were the free key-lock small safes in every room. I did try them out for my laptop and wallet when out of the room during my stay. I'd stay there again, as it's close to halfway between my home and relatives'. If Amtrak (or a decent accomodating bus service) ran between our homes, I'd skip the hotel deal altogether. But seeing as it's the U.S., hotels it is. This one was better than ok.

Directions: Right off Interstate 74.

Nearby Super 8 Peoria East

• Business Services
  • Pets Allowed
  • Free High Speed Internet

Peoria Travel Forum

Need advice about Peoria, Illinois? Visit the Travel Forum for Peoria and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Peoria hotel reviews

Peoria Zoo Primate Cages
Woodward and Pettengill-Morron Mansions
Moss Avenue Residential Wandering
Things to Do
Airsoft X is awesome tactical gaming
LOOK AROUND
Visit The Lakeview Museum
Things to Do
Skip Stewart Modified Pitts Special "Prometheus"
It's the Sauce
Riverplex
The War Memorials
Best Bread in Peoria
Restaurants
Jill's on Galena "Culinary Disaster"
The best bread ANYWHERE!
Restaurants
A little pricey but one-of-a-kind!
My old hangout!
Look What's Under One Roof in Peoria
Philanthopy Responsible for Bradley University
Stunning Architecture: Peoria Insurance Building
Prairie Style Frank Lloyd Wright in Peoria
Historic Architecture West Bluff Historic District
Off The Beaten Path
What a Great Building the Peoria City Hall Is!
"The Defense of the Flag" War Memorial
Beautiful Sacred Heart Catholic Church
A Newly Opened Restaurant Wins Accolades
Attractions of Interest in Peoria
Mighty Bur Oak of Peoria
The Rebirth of the Riverfront
Things to Do
A Beautiful Entrance to a Charming Place...
Favorites
Peoria: What To Do First?
Moss Avenue