Super 8 Peoria East

725 Taylor Street, Peoria, Illinois, 61611, United States

Super 8 Peoria/East
Expedia.com Orbitz.com Booking.com

• You could do worse for a hotel

I thought, given that I was a bit overwhelmed sifting through incomplete reviews of hotels when booking, I owed it to fellow travelers to contribute. I had an overall pleasant experience. Very close to Interstate 74. All internal corridors made a more secure stay, which is important for a single traveler. Staff was very helpful and friendly at both ends of my trip before/after Christmas. Free internet was a plus and worked without a hitch first night. Returning it had glitches (even with tech support) which hindered my checking changing weather patterns and travel departure planning, but staff did what they could for me, even though the lobby computer's browser was also down. Rooms were clean and (mostly) quiet. It's not the fault of the staff, but construction of the building was obviously thin-walled, as one night I could hear every vocalization and snore the man on the opposite side of my bed wall made (a little creepy, but I put on my earphones and got enough sleep to get by). I saw folks with kids, and pets, on both nights of my stay. Yet, I didn't hear either, which means they were all quiet, on different floors, or perhaps some dividers had better sound-proofing. As a pet person, I appreciated that this is a pet-friendly establishment, and (despite having to take smoking rooms reportedly) would consider it for cross-country trips with my own companions. In-room fridges with ice compartments were a big plus for someone who always (even on day trips!) travels with food and ice packs. I only took advantage of the free cable one night, but everything seemed in order. Parking was well lit, ample, and convenient to the entrance. Continental breakfast would be adequate for most travelers with average dietary needs. I took advantage of the ready hot water for my own tea, and the toaster for my own bread products, and these were available at all hours. I didn't avail myself of the laundry facilities, and forgot to ask whether they were free (I thought I saw coin slots) but they were centrally located on the main floor. Elevator assisted with loading/unloading comfortably. Rooms were almost spotless (an occasional oversight here or there but nothing gross). Beds could have been firmer but sufficed. I appreciated the couchette with coffee table or alternately the easy recliner chair with table/lamp provided in the single rooms I had. One thing I'd never seen were the free key-lock small safes in every room. I did try them out for my laptop and wallet when out of the room during my stay. I'd stay there again, as it's close to halfway between my home and relatives'. If Amtrak (or a decent accomodating bus service) ran between our homes, I'd skip the hotel deal altogether. But seeing as it's the U.S., hotels it is. This one was better than ok.

Directions: Right off Interstate 74.

Comments