Hyatt Regency - O'Hare

Hyatt Regency O'Hare
Booking.com Orbitz.com Expedia.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about Hyatt Regency - O'Hare

Lovely rooms but the rest of the hotel is horrible

by TripAdvisor Member icyoubaby

My room was very nice and the standard you would expect for a Hyatt. I was lucky to get a room in the executive wing though so maybe this is why the room was nice. The bathroom was a little dated compared to the room but the standard was still fine. I thought the rest of the hotel however was horrible and shabby. The interiors look so old and dated and I was very surprised that there has been no obvious attempt to modernise the lobby/restaurant/corridors to the rooms. However I had to give credit for the rooms.

Poor soundproofing for an airport hotel, but nice rooms

by TripAdvisor Member kmbmea

Though we live in Chicago, we spent a night here before an early morning flight. I would avoid this hotel in the future if sleep is important. I realize that staying near an airport means that planes land nearby, and that planes create noise, but this hotel needs some serious soundproofing, or an update to the current soundproofing. Local competitors are better. The Westin O'Hare, for example, has significantly better soundproofing. Noise at the Hyatt was a real issue.

The other disappointment was the shower. While nice in appearance, there was minimal hot water. Tepid at best, both at 9pm and at 4am. The room was nicely appointed, and the bed was quite comfortable. Common areas are dated, but were decorated nicely for the holidays. I used self-checkin and self-checkout, so I did not interact with desk staff.

The shuttle to the airport runs every 15 minutes starting at 6am. Before that, it runs every half hour, even though the in-room information book says that the shuttle runs "by request." I called and requested 5:15. I was told (rather bluntly) that this was not an option -- I was told to take the 5:00 or the 5:30 shuttle.

I would stay at a different airport property in the future.

Nice Place! Very Clean!

Awesome place! Very clean! The only minor complaint is that I had a small coffee stain on my sheet. Besides that, I would definitely stay here again. Breakfast is awesome, but very expensive.

Phenomenal Service at the Hyatt O'Hare

by TripAdvisor Member BlinkBlink

Visited Chicago on business and had a great 3-day stay at the Hyatt Regency O'Hare. I have never been so inspired to rate a review as I have of the Hyatt; not only are the rooms comfortable, roomy, and clean, but the staff at the hotel is absolutely phenomenal. The staff is also especially excellent at the main hotel restaurant on the second floor lobby. They were attentive, helpful, friendly, and continuously asked if there was anything we needed, any refills, etc., but never annoying--just perfect! For something different than typical hotel eats, there's another restaurant in the second floor lobby called The Other Place, that served me one of the best filet mignon's I've ever had---this is fancy (they serve a spoonful of lemon sorbet to clear your palate before your steak!) and pricey, but for a dining experience like this, you shouldn't expect to pay any less anywhere else. Then there's Knuckles, a sports bar next to that. They have pool tables, TVs, burgers, and typical sports bar stuff. Overall, great choices for places to eat inside the hotel, which I think is one of the most important parts of your stay. There's a TON of great movies to order on the TV, including extremely new releases, which is good if you're tired at the end of the day. Easy sign up for wireless internet--they do it through T-Mobile and it's really cheap. I could keep gushing about it...but I am actually STILL here at the hotel and must wake up early for my business meeting! You can tell how happy I must be by the fact that I'm reviewing even though I haven't yet left!

Great Memories

I've stayed at this hotel a couple of times, and each time I can't wait to come back and stay again. Plenty of parking, easy access to the convention center across the street, straightforward, wide open layout, large luxurious rooms for a reasonable price, and within walking distance to dozens of restaurants. A few more, (or redesigned) elevators would be nice, along with continental breakfast or more affordable on-site eatery. A 24-hour McDonalds is about 0.7 miles down the road, so this isn't too much of an issue. For an average, overnight stay I wouldn't reccomend this particular hotel, but this makes for a very memorable meeting and/ or convention location.

Nice Room but loud

by TripAdvisor Member egyptes

I stayed at the Hyatt Regency O'Hare while on a business trip to Chicago. The hotel was reasonably priced and my room was very nice. The bed was comfortable and the amenities were nice. The noise that comes into the room is very bad. I heard planes all night and into the morning landing and taking off, but the worst was I could hear everything that the couple staying in the room next to me said. I finally called the front desk at 5 am on the morning I was to depart, as I really wanted to sleep until 8 am to complain about the noise next door. They did call or send someone up to the room as the loud speaking next door stopped in about 15 minutes. When I pulled up to the valet prior to checking in, they were rude and spoke very little English. The same was of the parking lot attendents, they spoke very little English as well. I feel as a frequent traveler in the USA that those taking jobs working with the public should speak decent English as I expect to speak the language of the country I am traveling in. The Hyatt makes you use their self-checkin and self-checkout. They do not allow you to check in or check out using a "live person". To me this is something I expect at airports now but not at hotels. Where has CUSTOMER SERVICE gone in American when you check in a hotel they insist you use a machine to check in and check out. I guess the Hyatt Regency does not want to have to staff their front desk to check guests in and out. I have worked in Customer Service for over 25 years and feel that this type of service is not service at all. Just my opinions here, but the room was very nice and the bathroom was very nice as well!

Anywhere But Here -

by TripAdvisor Member LAGIRL74

This hotel is going downhill - the service is terrible, the carpets are filthy, bed is super firm and check-in is painfully slow. It's pretty obvious they're having budget cuts, with just one employee at registration at all times.There is ALWAYS a long line of guests WAITING, and I mean ALWAYS. Additional costs for EVERYTHING for any type of internet access, to late check out $15!?? overnight parking for guests $17 - You can stay just at any other hotel near O'Hare without incurring the extra charges and a softer, cleaner bed. Good luck.

Great Service, But It's a Dump

Unlike others who have written reviews, I found the staff friendly. But the hotel is a dump. I had an executive suite, but you wouldn't know it -- the carpet and bathroom had some scary stains (why do hotels use carpets anyway -- why not use sealed wood floors?). The bathroom sink also had something odd looking stuck in the top drain that I tried not to think about. My advice -- bring your flip-flops to walk around your room and use in the bathroom. Hyatt should knock down this hotel and start again.

Seen better days

Stayed here during a conference for two days. Check-in was smooth. Requested a quiet room and was given was a room on the 11th floor. I had to drag my bags up a flight of stairs to get to the room. No bell service offered. The staircase was also used to store items that were not currently in use. It was no an encouraging sign.

I was pleased to find that the room was updated with a granite bathroom and new bed. However the carpet, drapes, and furniture were tired. Unfortunately as I was soon to discover, I was on the top floor of the hotel and the hotel was directly under the flight path of the airport. While the room was technically quiet from the hall side, the airplane was unbelievable. The hotel was sold out, so there was no chance of a different room.

Ordered from room service one night. Dinner arrived promptly and was a good value. However the tray still was not removed from the hallway 2 mornings later. Yuck!

The styleof the hotel is vintage 70's with most rooms facing out into the cetral labby atrium. The restaurants are poorly located. The hotel is close to the train to downtown. Overall there are better options in the area.

Pleasant stay, slightly dated hotel, great staff

by TripAdvisor Member toodlepip

Arrived in town for a couple of days for a conference being held at the hotel. The building is very much a 1970s bog-standard concrete box, or to be more accurate boxes. The place is vast with three or possibly four different wings. I couldn't figure it out and the jetlag didn't help.

I had a room on the 25th Floor of the Executive Wing, which came in fairly expensive, but comparable to other hotels in the area when I checked the web before travelling. The room was very spacious (by European standards) with a well appointed bathroom. Others here have complained about the noise, but my room faced out onto the parking lot, metro station and the freeways beyond. There was a low hum from outside, but nothing that stopped me sleeping.

The room looked like it had been refurbished recently and the bed was really comfortable, shame the minibar was empty, as was the strange extra fridge just inside the door. Despite a couple of calls to house-keeping they weren't refilled during my stay, not that I was in the room long enough to notice the absence of over-priced miniatures.

During the course of my stay I ate at both Knuckles, the Sports Bar, and The Other Place, the moderately up-market steakhouse. The latter was pretty good with such generous measures that I split an appetiser and main course with a colleague. The staff were great and helpfully split the portions for us. Top marks.

The conference venues worked very well for the conference with attentive staff and surprisingly good catering - no need for an emergency dash to the nearby drive-through.

Gripes? Well, I have a few. The shuttle didn't turn up until I called the hotel from the airport terminal to ask if I was standing in the right place. Once I've called, it turned up in 5 mins. Did I mention the minibar? A mini-irritation.

The other thing is check-in. We arrived late and left early so it was pretty quick but beware. This hotel has three conference venues and is used frequently by air crew. On one of the days the lobby, which is voluminous, was actually filled to the brim with people checking-in, checking-out and luggage waiting to be picked up.

Overall...if I was in town on business and needed a comfortable place to stay near the airport, I'd probably pop back.

Comments