InterContinental Chicago O'Hare

yooperprof's Profile Photo

O'Hare Luxury overlooking the Forest Preserve

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 27, 2013

I had an early morning flight out of O'Hare (to Hawaii!!), so I "pricelined" an accommodation at the airport. As I often do, I was able to utilize the fantastic "Bidding for Travel" website to help me in getting a great deal - overnight at the Intercontinental O'Hare for just a little bit over $60 (before taxes - after taxes it was still a great deal.)

Hyatt, Westin, Hilton - those are great companies offering fantastic service (usually) and top-notch hotel rooms. I think I've been fortunate in staying at some of their properties over the years. But having stayed both at the Intercontinental on Michigan Ave., and at this one our by O'Hare, I'd have to say that the Intercontinentals are just that much better. It's just an accumulation of details: the fine art inside the lobbies; the extra charm and grace of the staff, from the bellkeeps to the front desk clerks. There's also an undeniable higher level of luxury in their rooms - the soften bed linen, the comfort of the bath towels, the lovely view from my higher-floor room looking out at the Forest Preserve.

Directions: South O'Hare - about 3/4 mile south of the Kennedy Expressway (free shuttle to the CTA stop on the Blue line)

Nearby InterContinental Chicago O'Hare

• Beverage Selection
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Rosemont Travel Forum

Need advice about Rosemont, Illinois? Visit the Travel Forum for Rosemont and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Rosemont hotel reviews