6100 N River Rd, Rosemont, IL 60018
Westin.com Booking.com Expedia.com

Costs 32% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about The Westin O'Hare

Great stay- "Welcome to Heaven" theme lived to its expectations.

by TripAdvisor Member NorCalMommy-of-2

Recently stayed1 evening at the Westin Ohare, and was skeptical with all the in-room advertisment of "Welcome to Heaven". Then I slept on the bed accomodations and was quickly on the "Welcome to Heaven" bandwagon.......the self-parking fee was a little steep but overlooked after the best night's rest I've had for a couple of years. I should mention it was our first stay in a hotel without our toddlers, so that may have added to the heavenly theme!

Poor management.

I have stayed here twice and the first time was in 9/06 and I really liked the place. This time, the place did not look clean. There was popcorn all over the corridor and i know it was not cleaned for at least two days.

The worst part was, i was given a room and when i walked in, there was already a gentleman sleeping on the bed!!!! When i went back to the front desk, there was no apology and i was given another room. No explanation either.

Typical Airport Hotel

We stayed at this hotel for Wrestlemania 22 from April 1, 2006 - April 3, 2006. The hotel staff were all very friendly to us, and we espically loved the bartender Maria! The hotel was clean and well maintained as is typical with any Westin we have stayed in. However, it is a typical 'airport type' hotel, and by that I mean nothing fancy or special. If you are looking for a hotel close to Ohare (free shuttle service and close location to the 'EL'), this will suite your needs just fine. Just don't expect anything fancy.

Nice room & lobby

Very clean, comfortable, large room. Well sound-proofed against airplane noise. The usual wonderful Westin bed and duvet. I tried breakfast at the "Benchmark" restaurant and was seated at a table against the wall. The wall looked like someone had thrown a cup of coffee at it ... very dirty. Not what one would expect from Westin. The breakfast itself was good, but on the expensive side. Driving guests should know that parking is $16 per day with unlimited in/out privileges.

What a wonderful experience

by TripAdvisor Member hotelexpert_8

I stayed at the Westin for a convention I was attending. I was tired when I got to the airport shuttle, very ready to get to bed. I only had to wait 3 minutes (it was exactly on time) and when I entered the shuttle, the driver asked me if I wanted a bottle of water. First time that every happened! Walked in and the first thing I encountered was a waterfall, beautiful flowers and a wonderful smell. The front desk people were very friendly and accommodating and I just got an overall good feeling. The bed, was of course great, the room nice and clean, nice bathroom and a robe. I slept wonderfully that night and woke up feeling much better then when I arrived. The food at the conference was so good (event down to the coffee on the breaks) and I have to say it was a fantastic experience from beginning to end. I hope I have another opportunity to stay at this hotel in the near future.

Really enjoyed our stay

by TripAdvisor Member drmotx

The hotel was very conveniently located to the O'hare airport (less than 5 min.) and was easy to locate. The hotel lobby was beautifully decorated with several fresh exotic flower arrangements, etc. We went for the Taste of Chicago and got a wonderful deal off of priceline and named our price (65 a night!!!) Quite a steel compared to the normal 159 nightly fee. The only downside to the hotel was the parking charge. It was 16 dollars a night to park in the hotel parking lot that was not always staffed. Several people seemed to park free (people not staying in the hotel) but when you register at the front desk they automatically put it on your tab if you tell them you have a vehicle. The location of the hotel was very convenient to take the subway into the city(25 min ride and one transfer)and we only had to walk across the street to access the transportation services. The hotel staff were also very helpful and provided great directions,etc. I would strongly reccomend to anyone who wants a great hotel stay that is not in the heart of the city.

The bed was amazing! (but not much else....)

by TripAdvisor Member LateCheckOut

Pros: The "Heavenly" beds this hotel boasts about are definitely all they're cracked up to be! I never had a more peaceful rest! If you're looking for a goodnight's sleep, this is the place to be. Also, the indoor pool was nice and warm and big enough for the millions of kids to play in as well as a few adults to get a few laps in without bumping into each other.

Cons: The staff seem to not really give a hoot about working there. When a bulb blew out, I had to call the front desk twice (same girl answered both times) to have someone change it. Oh, and at check-out time, I found out I was charged for making that call! Huh?! The guy at the counter said he removed the charge, but when I got my statement, I found the charge was never taken care of. I didn't make a big deal out of it, I just decided that this isn't the hotel for me. There are too many other hotels in the area with better customer service for the same value.

Worst Customer Service

by TripAdvisor Member Luv2vacationVA

Below is a copy of the letter I've sent to the Westin Management:

September 27, 2006

Westin O’Hare Hotel
6100 North River Road
Rosemont, Illinois 60018

Dear Westin Management,

I feel compelled to share with you a very negative experience I had at your hotel on the night of September 22, 2006. I was returning from a business trip in Omaha and like many travelers that night, my flight was cancelled. I booked my reservation at the Westin O’Hare through my corporate travel service. I selected Westin from other hotel choices because of your reputation. After a very long day of flying, I desperately wanted a carefree lodging experience for my unexpected stay in Chicago.

My first issue of concern occurred while waiting for the complimentary shuttle at the airport. After waiting approximately 30 minutes at the hotel shuttle area and seeing every other major hotel chain drive by, I requested the local Westin O’Hare phone number from my travel service. The person that answered at the hotel said the shuttle runs every 20 minutes. After waiting just under an hour, it is now 11:15 PM, a small Westin van arrived. I was lucky enough to fight my way on board, but there were many disgruntled would-be Westin Patrons that were left at the curb because of the over crowded bus. I heard the shuttle driver call the hotel and declare that he had approximately 25 passengers arriving. This brings me to my second issue.

When we arrived at the lobby, there was only one attendant on duty. There were approximately 5 people in line when we arrived with 25 additional people. After some time, a second attendant came out to assist. As the line split up, I moved to the shorter line with the 1st desk receptionist where she informed me that I would have to return to the other line because she was going on a break. This of course prompted many sarcastic jeers from the others in line, including myself. We were all flabbergasted that somebody would have such a lack of situational awareness and customer service to choose that time to take a break. When I commented about the lack of customer service, the new attendant said, “well she has been on since 6 o’clock.” I can assume that meant 6:00 PM. Since I left my home in Northern Virginia at 3:45 AM that morning, I had little sympathy, nor did I appreciate the attitude at the desk from people I was about to pay money to for a 4 hour hotel stay.

Finally, when I got to my room, I was relieved to read the letter on my desk that said the Westin was pleased to offer traveler amenities such as toothpaste and contact lens solution. Because I was expecting to return home that night, this was indeed a welcome surprise and a turn for the better. All hopes at salvaging Westin’s image as a full-service quality hotel were dashed when the service desk told me they had none of these items.

I’m a moderate business traveler. I travel overnight approximately 1 time per month. I prefer Marriot as a rule, but this year I’ve stayed at Double Tree, Sheraton, Holiday Inn, Fairfield and Ritz Carlton. I can say without a doubt that the Westin pales in comparison to everyone of these hotels. I will avoid Westin Hotels in the future.

I’m forwarding this letter to my corporate travel services in the hope that none of my colleagues will have to endure the clear lack of customer service your hotel exhibits.

Excellent Stay... Especially at Priceline Prices

by TripAdvisor Member Meg8

I had an event to attend at the Crowne Plaza O'Hare, and decided to book my stay through Priceline. For $60, I was placed at the Westin O'Hare. The hotel is within easy walking distance of the Rosemont El Stop (about 40-45 minutes to the loop) and also within walking distance of the Stephens Convention Center. I wasn't sure whether I would be comfortable walking around at night, but thanks to convention traffic, the sidewalks were well-populated and I felt perfectly safe.

The staff was very courteous, and didn't treat me like a second class citizen because I had booked on Priceline. The lobby and rooms were very modern and fairly luxurious. We were given a king room on the 8th floor overlooking the freeway (but hey, you're staying at O'Hare, so you don't expect great views!). The room was very clean and neat. The beds were (as advertised!) quite heavenly, and made for a great night's sleep. Starbucks coffee and tea were provided in the room. The bathroom seemed new and modern, and was very clean. The room was large, and included a reading chair, huge desk, and comfortable work chair. Most of the other guests were there on business, so it was quiet and peaceful. We could hear the occasional airplane, but it was very muffled, and wasn't enough to bother or wake us.

The pool, workout facilities are open 24 hours - welcome after a long day of travel. The workout room is quite nice, with new machines, tvs, and magazines all provided.

I was really delighted with the hotel, especially at the price I paid.

Decent, but needs to improve

by TripAdvisor Member olimaspecto

Stayed here for work for one night as I had to fly out of O'Hare the next morning. Arrived at 8:00pm and am Starwood Platinum member.

Desk clerk was indifferent bordering on rude and I had to ask about complimentary upgrade (said hotel was sold out, but I called later and found out it wasn't).

Room was fine, but there were stains on toilet seat (needs to be replaced). The room service menu is annoying because they do not have a printed menu in the room, but instead have it on the TV. Also, they don't have the traditional breakfast door hanger that you can place outside your door to order breakfast, you have to call down to order it.

All in all it is fine, but the staff attitude could use some improvement at the front desk.

Comments