Pheasant Run Resort

Orbitz.com Hotels.com Priceline.com

Satisfaction Average

• monica71's Profile Photo

Luxury hotel with great Spa

This is one of the best resorts in town! The hotel has an excellent spa on site with great service (Mario Tricoci Hair Salon & Day Spa), pools (indoor and outdoor) and great restaurants. There is also a golf course where you can enjoy playing golf on nice sunny days. The hotel also has 2 theaters featuring the latest productions.
    Even though we live in this town, my husband and I decided to book a spa package with the resort and spend 1 night here in February. The weather was too cold to go anywhere and we needed a break, so we decided to go with this package. What a treat this was! Our package included deluxe overnight accommodation, 2 robes, $40 voucher for the Harvest Restaurant, two 50 minute massages (I had the deep tissue massage and my husband had the hot stone massage) and breakfast for 2.
    There are several restaurants in the hotel and all of them serve great food.

Unique Quality: luxury at its best!

More about Pheasant Run Resort

Bourbon Street Shops

by monica71

Pheasant Run Resort is also the house of an indoor replica of Bourbon Street, so if you want a sample of New Orleans, make sure you stop by . You can find shops that please even the most picky shopper! There is live music and entertainment all year round. lively atmosphere and delicious ice cream from "Ben & Jerry's Scoop Shop"

The best comedy club in town

by monica71

If you like standup comedy, make sure you stop by Zanies Comedy Club, inside Pheasant Run Resort.
I have to admit I did not check them out yet, but I plan on going there soon.

Check out their web site for more information: http://www.stcharles.zanies.com/index.php

Stop by for a nice play

by monica71 about Noble Fool Theater at Pheasant Run Resort

There are several plays that you can attend at the Mainstage Theater all year long. Some of them are really good and are worth a trip. Check out their schedule and plan to stop by.
You can purchase tickets for the performance only or you can purchase a "dinner and a show" package which includes admission to the performance and a nice dinner.

For more information and for upcoming plays, check out this web site: http://www.pheasantrun.com/theater/mainstage.htm casual, but try not to wear jeans or sneakers if you plan to attend a performance.

One of the cooloest bars in town

by monica71 about Harvest Lounge at Pheasant Run Resort

This is one of the best bars in town. It is classy and elegant and it serves excellent wines and beer. The food is also good, especially the Pan Roasted Pheasant and the Shrimp Scampi.
They also host a Winemaker Dinner 4 times a year, where you have the chance to sample some great dishes paired with a great glass of wine. It is a fun experience and it is also very educational. You have the chance to learn a lot about the wines and the dishes they go with. I bet you will never be confused what type of wine to serve for that special dish you cook after you attend this event.

For more information, check out their web site: http://www.pheasantrun.com/dining/harvest.htm casual, but make sure you call ahead and make reservations if you also want to have dinner there. If you go just for a drink, no reservation required for the lounge area.

I still can't believe how much fun we had!

by TripAdvisor Member BargainTraveler

I had heard about Pheasant Run while growing up in Illinois. When looking for live theater, I have seen the name pop up. I had never actually gone to the resort. My husband and I just stayed there a few days ago, and I can't believe this place has just been sitting there, and we hadn't yet had the pleasure of being guests.
We were only registered for one night, but in that time we did so much. The check-in process was painless. The Tower room we had was comfortable, well maintained, and centrally located to all of the resort's activities. We saw the 6:00pm Saturday presentation of Flanagan's Wake. It's not opera at the Met, but it's very fun for what it is - a goofy little improv play, and a fun way to spend some time. We then headed to the Harvest restaurant for some dinner. The staff was great, and the food was FANTASTIC. Try the asisgo-crusted grouper. It is heaven. Prices were no higher than other restaurants that serve the same type of cuisine. After dinner, we headed to Lilly's nightclub and watched a live band for a couple of hours. The people in the club were having fun, smiling - it was a great time. The next morning (Sunday), we headed downstairs for the jazz brunch. It was Mother's Day, so it was held in a banquet/meeting room. We were told it is usually in the beautiful Atrium, but they needed more space to accommodate all the families. The food was incredible, the service attentive, and even with all the kids running around on this family day, it was very enjoyable.
I am shocked to read reviews trashing this place. As a traveler, you need to ask for what you want. If you booked a courtyard room, but don't like its style or location, ask if you can get a room in another wing. If the food in the restaurant doesn't taste good to you, tell your server and try something else. You are the customer and need to make sure you get what you pay for.
I recommend Pheasant Run Resort HIGHLY. We really could not have had a better stay. We are still talking about how much fun we had and when we can budget another trip. We want to LIVE there! Book a package like we did - everything is taken care of, and your bill for incidentals will be miniscule.
GREAT RESORT!

place is a dump

by TripAdvisor Member amkull

I attended a company outing at this resort and it was terrible all the way around. I would never ever book a corporate event at this resort. The front desk was completly not helpful and it took over 35 minutes to check in. The rooms need to be brought up to date in the worst way. The door to my bathroom had rust stains coming through. The food served was marginal. There are much better values in the Chicago area.

Old Hotel with No Service

by TripAdvisor Member llg328i

We stayed at this hotel for my daughter to compete in a National Dance Competition held there. I would suggest staying accross the street at the Marriott or down the road at the Holiday Inn. We booked our room in October of 2005 in order to guarantee our rate and adjoining rooms, since we had family coming with us, as did most of the other people from our studio did as well. Upon check-in we were told that adjoining rooms are not guaranteed and they did not have any available. This contradicted what my reservation stated and what I had verified on the phone just the week prior.
We were taken to their "courtyard" rooms- the hall smelled like disinfectant and old must. The rooms were so small that we never would have fit our luggage in them. After seeing where they wanted to put us for a week, we complained to the manager- who miraculously located an adjoining room in another corridor- with no stench.
The hotel is OLD- built in the 50's and it shows, we requested towels on several occasions- only to have to go looking for a cleaning cart sitting somewhere to take them from. The pool is OK, but beware the indoor pool- the temperature of the room is about 60 degrees- not favorable for an indoor swimming experience.
The restaurant is WAY overpriced and you can't find a cup of coffee for under $3.00.
Upon check out- they tried to charge me again for the room that I had paid cash for up front when we checked in. Not very organized. If it were not for the convenience of having the competition in the same hotel- we would have went elsewhere.

Bed Bugs...don't stay unless you have to

by TripAdvisor Member thebee

Stayed here for an event that was scheduled by a national group and thus, another hotel was not a choice. My reservation was made and confirmed over a month ahead of time. I even called the week before to make sure the reservation was in order. When I arrived to check in I was informed that the hotel had overbooked and I was to drive another twenty minutes to the Holiday Inn Express for the night. Pheasant Run said they would pay for the night at the Holiday Inn and that I should return later the next afternoon and then they could complete my stay at Pheasant Run. I couldn't believe it! I asked to see a manager who told me that they absolutely had no rooms in the hotel. I pressed on and continued to tell her that going down the road to the Holiday Inn was unacceptable. Viola...she found a room in the resort and told me "she was upgrading me. The room was in the Tower of the resort. For all purposes it "looked" lovely. The bathroom was very very small but the rest of the room looked fine. Large business desk area and a microwave, fridge and coffee maker in room. All seemed better except that each day I awoke to little bites in a lot of different areas. We stayed three nights and each morning I had more bites. I was suspicious of bed bugs after the second night but I inspected the mattress and mattress covers and found nothing. I went to the doctor when I returned home and he confirmed bed bug bites. Luckily, I left all bags and luggage in the garage until it was confirmed. I was also told that if it wasn't a BIG infestation that I might not have been able to see them. SO, would I return, NO, I wouldn't.
Just for information, whomever posted about the stinky hallways, it is true. The tower does not smell bad but if they book you in the courtyard wing rooms, you're in for a stinking time! I don't know what the rooms smell like but the hallways and common areas stink! I think this hotel was something special in "its day" but, its day has passed and it needs new management and everything cleaned.
I have stayed in hotels, condos and cottages all ovr the US and never encountered anything like this. I am not overly picky about hotels and cut slack on most things. This whole stay was SO wrong! Unless you HAVE to stay here, don't! Gotta go scratch my bed bug bites...YUCK! There is no place like home Auntie Em, clean and bug free!

Actuality doesn't match the website

by TripAdvisor Member Neep

The website to Pheasant Run looked superb - actually the needs of the independent traveller aren't high on their list of priorities. Group functions on a grand scale tend to take over the resort so much so than when returning from a day out to park the car was a nightmare!
Our room was not up to 4 star standard - the bathroom was miniscule and the WC left a lot to be desired..dirty water in the cistern!
However we still enjoyed our stay as we were only 20 minutes from Medinah and the PGA championship... and I saw Tiger sink a 40foot birdie putt on the 8th green. The Holiday Inn Express across the road from Pheasant Run looked far more 'luxurious' from the outside!

Comments