Renaissance Schaumburg Hotel And Convention Center

Family Travel Business Travel Seniors
See Amenities
AMSTERSAM's Profile Photo

Crappiest of the crap

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on October 15, 2013

First, I was with friends looking to buy a car at the Mecum Auction at their convention center. The Auction was great, the Hotel looked cold and boring but had the only restaurants out side the Auction. We ate at Sam and Harry's as many unsuspecting Convention folks will discover as the look for something other than the usual Convention faire. The bar was empty and there were about 10 customers. We were served middle of the slums Diner, overcooked Angus (????????) patties call the "SAM AND HARRY"S SPECIAL BURGER CUZ WE THINK YOU ARE SPECIAL" burger. It obviously was left from lunch. It did come with cold freezer fries and a stale bun, so it was not a total loss. More coffee was a lonnnnnng time coming as the waiter was telling stories of how he was special at one time, to any table that would listen, the waitress was avoiding all the customers she could, however did get me coffee after Mr. Special was now doing a comedy bit. If this was Big Shot Mr. Marriotts way of cutting corners or the food and beverage Manager paying way to close of attention to the beverages or Mecum telling Marriott something to get people in and out quick so that they would buy cars, it's doesn't change the truth. I called Central Marriott Customer service, as if the on-site management allowed that food to be served, calling management there was stupid. The CENTRAL MARRIOTT CUSTOMER SERVICE knew nothing of any Marriott property in Schaumburg (or anywhere) that was capable of hosting the worlds largest car auction, with 1/2 or more sellers and buyers staying at that hotel for 3 days.

I was reminded of Bundy....looks good but WATCH OUT. I hope they are glad he didn't eat there.

Oh I forgot, for those that wondered, we all got ill 20 min later and left with the auction money, smart move Mecum.

Unique Quality: It's a brand new Marriott property, it's beautiful. But be not fooled, the HIGH class of the Marriott name is heavily tainted with very low class. I am very familiar with both classes. Again..the Bundy line. All this of course could be made up just to weasel a free meal saying I am sorry we treated you like bums, but I know Marriott doesn't do that.... 'we cant be wrong and tomorrow you'll be gone'.

The results from my Xayma YM-100A Portable ATP (that all savvy travelers should have at all times) are available on another site for viewing.

Directions: By 53 and Meachum.........But avoid that area.

Nearby Renaissance Schaumburg Hotel And Convention Center

• Business Services
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Schaumburg Travel Forum

Need advice about Schaumburg, Illinois? Visit the Travel Forum for Schaumburg and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Schaumburg hotel reviews