700 East Adams, Springfield, Illinois, 62701-1601, United States

Tingo.com Hotelsclick.com Booking.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• deecat's Profile Photo

Hotel With a Perfect Location

The Hilton Springfield Hotel can be seen for miles. We were never lost because we could always cage are location by seeing our circular hotel at a distance!

We could tell right away, that the bad economy had taken its toll on the hotel. First off, the highly-praised Italian Restaurant located on the top floor was closed. That is so sad because as we peered through the glass doors, we could see the beautiful interior with its spectacular views of the city. In addition, in our AAA book, this hotel had received high praise.

Since my traveling friend, Mickey Scales, had the Hilton Gold card; thus, we received the free breakfast buffet each day. Our room was on the 28th floor; we were glad because the large windows gave us much light and great views.

We were in a room with two queen beds, flat-screened TV, beside chest, another long chest, and a desk. The bathroom was disappointing because of its miniscule size. However, we were please with "Serenity Collection of Crabtree & Evelyn La Source bath amenities.
    Other positive features were the digital thermostate, high-speed Internet access, and the Cuisinart coffee maker.

We both enjoyed the black-out curtains, non-smoking, desk level electric plugs, hairdryer, USA Today Newspaper each morning, a Safe in the closet, and "Scald Proof Shower/Tub".

Unique Quality: But, by far, the best attribute of the Hilton Springfield Hotel was its Location. It's located in the historic downtown area, being the closest hotel to most of the Abraham Lincoln historic sites.

The hotel has a Fitness by Precor Workout Room and a heated indoor pool. Another plus for us was the Starbucks downstairs with WiFi and tables for using the computer.

Even though the Hilton Springfield was not as luxuious as usual, they did have newly renovated rooms that were furnished with an ergonomic leather desk chair, a Mp3 clock radio, and a flat screen HDTV with expanded cable.

We stayed in Springfield at the Hilton for three nights and enjoyed our stay very much.

• It can do better w/ service!

I'm here on business and unfortunately this is the only hotel w/ better beds. The housekeeping needs to do better job w/ daily cleaning of the bathrooms.

I have been here since the middle of the year on and off, so I'm @ the gold status. You would think they automatically upgrade my room to the gold member floor but of course that doesn't happen here. It's like luck of the draw, if you get the one and only friendly front desk check in, you don't have to tell them anything. Otherwise be warned how rude these front desk check in people are.

I asked the front desk if I can get ONE .41cents stamp, she said "NO, you can try the gift shop." Come on, I'm staying for 10 nights @ $119 per night + $7 parking and I can't even get ONE .41cents stamp. I go to the gift shop they ran out...told me to walk 2 blocks to the post office. You think if I wanted to do that in the first place I would have??

Bottom line...if you want friendly or even basic services don’t expect much from these people. Someone needs to retrain these people to understand what true customer service means!

• frankcanfly's Profile Photo

Hilton Springfield

Unique Quality: I didn't actually stay here. But when I was given directions to my hotel located next door, I was told to look for the "Dildo Hotel", and mine would be across the street.

Look at the photo. You decide.

• CoachB's Profile Photo

Springfield Hilton

$80-$120 American dollars

Check out Springfield-il.com for more hotel, motel, and bed & breakfast information.

Unique Quality: In the ritzy touristy part of Springfield, you are within walking distance of many Springfield landmarks. There are workout facilities available, and as one of the tallest buildings in the city, you can eat at Gumboyaya's on the top floor and enjoy a great view of the city.

Comments