Motel6 Waukegan/Gurnee/Great Lakes

31 N Green Bay Rd, (formerly Best Inns Of Waukegan), Waukegan, Illinois, 60085, United States

Orbitz.com CheapTickets.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Terrible

• Nice Comfortable Room

We stayed here for three nights. It is in a convenient location to the Naval Base. Our son graduated from Navy BootCamp and a shuttle was provided to graduation. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms were comfortable and reasonable. My only suggestion would be to bring extra pillows unless you like flat ones. We would definitely stay in this Motel again!!!

Unique Quality: It is a Motel 6 with the doors on the inside hallway which was nice and secure. It also required scanning your key to enter the motel.

Directions: On Green Bay Road just 4 miles from Navy base and approx 10 minutes to Gurnee Mall

• Sep 4, 2013 at 7:42 AM

DO NOT STAY HERE!!! My husband and I stayed here for the Harley Davidson 110th anniversary. We had changed our reservation, but this location cancelled it completely. They had 1 remaining room, but it was a downgrade. We had to pay the same price. We were charged for the night we had cancelled. Our room was disgusting. I came home with bites on my face, neck, and leg. There was feces and snot on the walls. We killed 5 spiders during our 2 night stay. (We left early and skipped the last day because the room was soooo disgusting). There were dead bugs smashed on the walls. There were stains on the floor, walls and on the bedding. The air conditioner sounded like a truck running through the room every time it kicked in. The refrigerator buzzed throughout the night. The mattresses were stained terribly. There were holes in the comforter, blankets, sheets and pillows. The front desk clerk said this was not her fault. The housekeeper stated this is not her problem. The manager was ok...but did nothing but refund our money for the night we did not stay. The 2nd night our keys did not work. We were told it was because it must have been by a credit card. I did not have a cc with me. When we got home, I attempted to rectify this issue. Tom at guest relations never called us back. We were told that they cannot help. They transferred it to the location. I received an email from the GM thanking me for my input...that is it. The email address was a no reply address. The email address on the card was not a good address. I have now been told I have to wait another 30 days for a response....RIDICULOUS!!! I was bit, disgusted, and sickened by this inhabitable Motel 6 Waukegan location....DO NOT RISK YOUR HEALTH...not worth it.