1710 Kinser Pike, Bloomington, Indiana, 47404, United States

Women Making MusicWomen Making Music

Showalter FountainShowalter Fountain

Mother Bear'sMother Bear's

Travel Tips for Bloomington

Why people travel here in FALL

by gkitzmil

Fall Festival 'Heaven On Earth'
people travel from several states to see the color of changing leaves that are within 20 miles of my home. Beautiful yellows, reds, and still some greens are what adorns the area surrounding me this time of year !

Can't believe it's still there!

by Dabs

After my obligatory two years at McNutt dorm, four of us moved into this house on Grant and 17th Street, close to the football stadium.

We had all kinds of visitors when we lived here-crickets, at least one mouse which my roommate Ann bravely chased around the kitchen with a broom, and slugs that came up from our drain in the shower. I think they all went somewhere else in the winter, I'm fairly certain we never turned the heat on!!!

truly Gourmet

by gkitzmil about Scholar's Inn

A restored 150-year-old historic mansion is a great setting for lunch, dinner, or Sunday Brunch.

Frankly, I don't normally pay this much and it can be a bit noisy but it is THE place to entertain in Bloomington

If you are from Chicago, New York, or Metropolis you will not think the prices expensive -- but for Bloomington I find the food good but not great, the atmosphere noise, and the prices too high. Good wines, though. Seafood Risotto -- Crab, scallops, fresh water prawns, peas, roma tomatoes & Parmigiano-Reggiano crema

In the Heart of IN

by DSwede

I went to school nearby to Bloomington. So I manged to come down here for weekends, enjoy IU's events, the Little 500, etc.

Bloomington is a nice city, full of greenery, nice architecture and a rather rich history. I could say more... but I'll save that for people who can recite their history books better than I.

The surroundings to Bloomington are definitely middle-America, farming at its best.

(for more pictures, feel free to visit my USA Gallery. If you enjoy the pictures, please leave a comment.)

Diana_P's new Bloomington Page

by Diana_P

Bloomington is best known for IU, and the college town is a great place to hang out. The campus of IU is a really nice, quiet place as well - very little traffic runs through the campus, and it's very green with beautiful old buildings. I really love Bloomington! And nearby you have Brown County, one of the most beautiful areas in the country during the fall with rolling hills of brightly colored foliage. People have come from all around the country just to see it.

Comments