19600 Elpers Rd., Evansville, Indiana, 47711, United States

Booking.com Despegar.com Priceline.com

Satisfaction Average

• Horrible

I stayed at the above referenced property. In the room was a standard letter from the owner stating that if anything was not 100% with my stay I should let them know. Well I did let them know that I returned to my room on May 1st after a long day only to realize that my room was never made up. I inquired at the front desk and was told ..."sorry, I know we've been having trouble in that department." No offer of clean towels or any effort to make my stay any better.

At checkout I was asked to speak with "Jackie" the property owner by telephone from Florida. Jackie apologized for the poor service and volunteered to refund the money paid for my stay. I thanked her for her offer and provided the staff with my address and contact information.

I have made 6 calls to the property inquiring about the refund and nobody there seems to know, I have left my contact information and asked for a call back several times. I spoke with Sarah the manager and Lindsay the front desk person. All I wanted to know was if the promise Jackie made was still good? No one even bothered to call me back.

The most curious part of this entire experience was that at checkout, Jackie seemed very concerned about the survey of the hotel stay, inferring that since she was going to refund my money I should give them a great endorsement. It's a good thing I waited until I received (or in my case didn't receive) the refund before completing the survey. It seems like her offer of a refund was a quid pro quo to purchase my good rating.

Please do not recommend this property to travelers. At the very least I should have had the courtesy of a return phone call to explain why an owners offer of a refund was not fulfilled.

I will be spreading the word about this property and this experience.

Unique Quality: Filthy common areas. Poor attitude of staff. Edgy.

• The Cuatomer Is Suppose to always be right!!!!

When we arrived to the hotel the evening gentlemen was very polite and helpful. However we had a jacuzzi room, it was nice but after we were settled inn and were leaving to go have supper we discovered the room door did not lock and anyone could just walk right inn. Of course the staff was sorry that there was nothing THEY COULD DO ABOUT IT SO WE COULD NOT EVEN LEAVE OUR ROOM. THEN THE NEXT MORNING AS WE WERE PACKING OUR STUFF TO PUT N OUR CAR THEY TRIED TO SAY OUR ROOM WAS MISSING A ROBE. COME ON NOW PEOPLE WE HAD TO SLEEP AND BATH N A ROOM THAT DIDNT LOCK AND WE COULD ONLY GO TO ARBY DENNYS OR MCDONALDS TO EAT JUST SO WE WERENT TO FAR FROM OUR UNLOCKED ROOM. SORRY BUT THIS IS ONE CUSTOMER THAT WILL NOT BE USING THIS PARTICULAR HOTEL ANYMORE.

More about Evansville

THE GAMBLIN' BOATTHE GAMBLIN' BOAT

Travel Tips for Evansville

WALKWAY DOWNTOWN

by miner

THE DOWNTOWN AREA WAS THE HEART OF THE CITY SEVERAL YEARS AGO.NOW EVERYTHING IS MOVING TO THE OUTSKIRTS. EVANSVILLE IS TRYING TO RENEW INTEREST IN THE DOWNTOWN AREA. FOR YEARS AUTO TRAFFIC WAS PROHIBITED BUT LATELY TRAFFIC HAS BEEN ALLOWED THROUGH THIS AREA AGAIN.

Comments