1313 West Washington Center Rd, Fort Wayne, Indiana, 46825, United States
Booking.com Travelocity Orbitz.com

More about Don Hall's Guesthouse

Lodging Overview

by Ischyros

Fort Wayne has over 4800 hotel rooms so it shouldn't be much of a problem to find a place to stay. Most of the hotels in Fort Wayne are located along Interstate 69 with just a few on I-469 and a couple downtown. Most of the hotels along I-69 are located on either the southwest side at exit 102 or on the north side around exit 111 and like any interstate city, most all of them are national chain hotels. So what side of the city is the best to stay on? Well, it really doesn't matter. Fort Wayne isn't a hard city to get around. On the north side, most hotels are within 10 minutes of Glenbrook Square (Indiana's largest mall), the Memorial Coliseum and Expo Center, Memorial Stadium, IPFW, the Children's Zoo, and downtown. Hotels on the southwest side are closer to Jefferson Pointe, the international airport, Covington Plaza, the Village of Coventry, and downtown. There are a few hotels on the east side in New Haven (a seperate city on the east side practically swallowed up by Fort Wayne) off I-469. These sometimes tend to be cheaper but are usually about the same distance from the main attractions in town. Since I obviously can't make a tip for every single hotel in the Fort Wayne metro area, I will list most all of them here and where they are and make tips for the ones I believe to be the best ones in the city.... and maybe mention ones to stay away from. Along the I-69 Corridor:

Exit 116 Dupont Rd. West:

-Extended Stay America*

Downtown Fort Wayne:
-Fort Wayne Hilton Hotel & Convention Center*
-Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites*

Other hotels elsewhere in the city:
-Coliseum Inn
-Super 8
-Travelodge
-Holiday Inn Express - New Haven
-Days Inn - Airport

(*) = indicates that I recommend this hotel

Country Cemetery Where He Is BuriedCountry Cemetery Where He Is Buried

The Accommodating StaffThe Accommodating Staff

Matt, Lisa, Haley (the baby)Matt, Lisa, Haley (the baby)

Skate ParkSkate Park

Travel Tips for Fort Wayne

Fort Wayne Museum of Art

by Ischyros

If you're out and about in downtown Fort Wayne, why not expore the Fort Wayne Museum of Art? Located on Main Street next to Freimann Square, the museum houses over 1300 pieces and often features travelling exhibits, lectures, workshops, and of course a gift store. The museum is open Tuesday-Saturday 10am-5pm and Sunday Noon-5pm. It is closed Mondays and major holidays. Admission is $5 for adults, $3 for students grades K-College and $10 for families.

Have wheels, will travel...

by RAllen1973

"Going on a road trip"

I am planning a road trip to a concert venue in Fort Wayne, IN... Haven't visited Fort Wayne since I was in high school with family members... Now I have a chance to go see my favorite alternative band..Breaking Benjamin.. They are playing on July 30th, 2006... I have to go to see them..

"My Franklin Indiana Life..."

I have lived in Franklin since 1992. I moved here when I met my ex-husband. It was weird to move to an actual town that everywhere I turned someone either knew my ex, or was related to him in someway. I just didn't know how to react to all of that. I eventually moved up to Indianapolis for a couple of years, but then we moved back down to Franklin, when we had already had our son, and was pregnant with our daughter. And I haven't lived anywhere but here for the past 10 years. My children have went to the same school since Kindergarten and have developed relationships with peers their age and even their staff at the school, I believe that it is always an important factor that children feel safe and secure in their surroundings.... Keeping them in the same school during their educational years is very important to them growing up with a sense of who they will become when they grow up...

Comments