La Quinta Inn & Suites Fort Wayne

2902 E. Dupont Road, (formerly AmericInn), Fort Wayne, Indiana, 46825, United States
La Quinta Inn & Suites Ft. Wayne
Expedia.com Orbitz.com Booking.com

More about Fort Wayne

At the Next TableAt the Next Table

Sign greeting visitors near the airportSign greeting visitors near the airport

LeopardLeopard

Prairie DogsPrairie Dogs

rehersal dinner

by likarna

My son is getting married in May in Fort Wayne. being from out of town I am looking for a nice restaurant with a private room for around thirty people. any suggestions?

Re: rehersal dinner

by BigBlueOne

Without a doubt you need to go to Joseph Decuis (www.josephdecuis.com). It was once named best restaurant in Indiana and is probably one of my favorite restaurants of all time. Its a little outside of Fort Wayne but is well worth the drive. They have a variety of rooms with different decor so you should be able to choose something to your liking.

Re: rehersal dinner

by riorich55

If you want to stay in town there is a nice Marriott at the edge of town that I am sure has a room for you. I stayed there for several weeks several years ago on business and ate several times at the restaurant.

Travel Tips for Fort Wayne

Daylight Savings Time

by Ischyros

UPDATE:
Starting this year, Indiana will be following daylight savings time. So where as before Fort Wayne spent half the year on Eastern time and half the year on Central time, we will always be on Eastern time now.

Science Central.

by Ischyros

Science Central dubs itself Northeast Indiana's Premier Hands-On Science Center. It is just that, a science museum for kids with a ton of hands-on exhibits. Here you can create your own earthquake, walk like an astronaut (weighing next to nothing), or make a tornado! Winter hours (Sept-May) are Tuesday-Saturday 10am-5pm, Sundays 12-5pm, closed Mondays except holidays and during Christmas break and spring break. Summer hours (June-August) are Monday-Saturday 10am-5pm, Sunday 12-5pm. They list their admission price as $5 for kids 3-12, $6 for kids 13-64, $5.50 for kids 65 and older, and kids under 3 are free. Closed Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and Easter. Check the website for more details.

Indiana's 2nd Largest City

by riorich55

"My 2nd Trip to Fort Wayne"

Although not a real tourist destination (I've only been here twice on business in 2004 and 2010) the town has some interesting sites to see. The first time I was in town was in March, 2004 several years before I joined Virtual Tourist, thus I didn't have my now ever present camera and camcorder with me. I stayed at the same hotel now as I did then so I will be able to give a VT review of that, but alas the other reviews which I may have given then (restaurants, sporting events, etc.) are too far in the distant past for me to give a current review.

About a week before I left for Fort Wayne, I happened across the book "The Lincoln Highway - Coast to Coast from Times Square to the Golden Gate" by Michael Wallis and Michael S. Williamson at my local library. Since I had been to Times Square only a few weeks before and use to travel to San Francisco for business rather regularly back in the 1990's and since the Lincoln Highway goes through an area of Illinois not far from where I live and since I'm a big fan of Abraham Lincoln and am current reading the book Abraham Lincoln - Vampire Hunter I checked this book out (hopefully my High School English teachers won't read this sentence - which it probably isn't). The book covers the history of the Lincoln Highway (maybe another tip) and describes the section that runs through Indiana.

Following the books guideline I was able to create 3 tips for my VT Fort Wayne pages, on Cindy's Diner in Fort Wayne, the Magic Wand outside of Fort Wayne in Churusbusco, Indiana and then the cemetary where Uncle Sam (yes, according to legend the original USA's Uncle Sam is buried in Merriam. I've included the last 2 in the Fort Wayne page since Churusbusco and Merriam are very small towns with no other reviews.

I had 2 nights and a quick 2 hour afternoon after business on Friday to capture some of my images and impressions of Fort Wayne to share with everyone.

Comments