305 E Washington Ctr Road, Fort Wayne, Indiana, 46825, United States

Hotel Fort Wayne
Orbitz.com Booking.com Official Hotel

• riorich55's Profile Photo

Older Full Service Hotel

The first time I stayed here was back in 2004. At that time I was on an almost year long roll out of new computer handhelds for our drivers and was on the road 3 out of every 4 weeks. When you travel that much on business you like a place with a little more creature comforts.

Now in 2010 I am doing more extensive traveling, so when I knew I was coming to Fort Wayne for 2 weeks and staying over night for 6 nights this was the natural choice.

I am a Marriott member so I continue to build up my points on business trips for personal trips down the road. This Marriott, at the edge of town, has a full service restaurant (ate there the first night), exercise area (under construction during this trip, but they've relocated to one of their small meeting rooms), pool, bar area and most importantly for business travel the concierge lounge where you can have a nice breakfast and then come to after hours for a drink, snack, dessert.

The hotel is old, but has been renovated. The 2 different rooms I stayed at on this trip were in 2 sections. The first 3 nights I was in the tower which is the newer (still probably over 30 years old) section. The second 3 nights I stayed in the older motel area of the hotel. Both rooms were the same, king size bed, work area and bathroom. The only complaint I have with these older facilities is that the bathrooms are rather small. If you close the door while taking a shower the mirror steams up (so I keep the door open since I'm the only one in the room). The door literally open up to the shower and then for me a little inconvenient is the height of the shower head. At 6 foot tall it just clears the top of my head and that is after they have installed new ones. In fact in the 2nd room the U part of the shower head bumped up against the ceiling.

But other then that it is a nice place to stay with friendly helpful staff and with access to other restaurants within walking distance from the hotel.

Comments