French Lick Springs Resort

Tags

Historical Travel Romantic Travel and Honeymoons Spa and Resort
See Amenities

Never Again!

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on January 4, 2009

I would not reccomend this hotel to anyone. My husband and I were looking to get away form home for a night and decided a fun dinner and casino trip at French Lick was the ticket..we were very disappointed. The hotel was very overpriced for what you get, and the food and drinks were also very expensive. But, our biggest complaint is the staff. You would think for nearly $250 per night you would be treated with a little hospitality and appreciation, but as another user wrote, the staff was just there for the paycheck. While at the casino my husband and I were enjoying a little light gambling and drinking...not drinking or gambling too much. We observed the tables for most of the night trying to decide where to spend our small gambling budget. We finally settled on roulette, about $50 in to our roulette experience the waitress informed me while my husband was in the bathroom that he would not be served anymore drinks. (I as a witness know he had not drank too much and was very respectful and well behaved all night) We were a little slow on the gambling part, because we had never played roulette before. When we asked management why he would not be served anymore drinks they just said "I don't know". Within the next half an hour, my husband was escorted out of the casino and made to go back to the room...security gaurds and management, still could not tell us what he did or why this was happening. They stood outside of our room for the next hour. Management offered no apology or accomadation for the way we were treated and when we asked for a refund and to be checked out, so we could go to another hotel, they refused our request and would not send valet to get our car. I know this sounds like a drunken mishap, but honestly we had each had 5 drinks in a 6 hour period, if you get my drift. So if you are looking to let loose and have a good time, this obviously is not the place to do so!

Unique Quality: There was nothing outstanding about this hotel or the ran down town is sets in!

lynluvs420's Profile Photo

TERRIBLE PLACE!!!!!!

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 13, 2004

I just got back from the French Lick Springs Resort:APPEARANCE::I have never seen such a DISGUSTING hotel before.They make the lobby look ok , so at first glance you may think you are getting something for your money,but suprise suprise...walk out of the main lobby and Its OBSCENE.The walls are incredibly NASTY, looks like feces and vomit splatter in the hallways..paint is peeling off the walls. carpets are old and worn in hallways, elevator is an artifact from prehistoric times.The ROOM oh my GOD,should we even go there.The carpet is worn and tattered WITH GUM stuck in it,in several different places, beds smell like maybe the comforter hasnt been properly changed in a while. Bathroom was horrific, hair lying on floor , the bathtub drain clogged up. Inside Everything is VERY VERY outdated and very very poorly taken care of. Dont look out your window, you will see a bunch of dead insects and cobwebs on the outside.::Recreation:: what recreation? oh they must mean the 45 minute horse carriage ride that costs $22 a person or maybe the exercise room that is barely there that cost $12 per day to access::THE SPRING::THIS IS A JOKE, its a pavillion with a well- like hole in the ground, terribly unkept just like the rooms and hallways. Pool is skanky looking and guess what,very very POORLY unkept!!:STAFF::Very cold and unfriendly. Was there for the paycheck only, they did not care at all about guests and treated you as if you were a burden. ::FOOD:: Very SLOW SERVICE,EXTREMELY HIGH PRICED for what you got, food tasted ok, very tiny portions, never left satisfied::SHOPPING:: Nothing to see, only one store was opened the my whole stay and the items sold here had a walmart quality and a Sax 5th Avenue price! Over all i wouldnt send my worst enemy here.Not worth the long drive that i endured for the torture i received!!!DO NOT GO HERE , unless your life depends on it, and even then u may want to think it over!!!(dont forget to bring TONS of cash because there is NOTHING to do for free except sit in your room and watch TV.

Unique Quality: everything was horrible, see above

Stephen-KarenConn's Profile Photo

A Grand Old Historic Hotel

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on March 4, 2004

This big old rambling hotel with 471 rooms was built in 1902 upon the remains of an earlier facility that was destroyed by fire in 1897. There was not a single unoccupied room on the two nights we were there, but staff told us the place is sometimes mostly empty during the week.

Unique Quality: This is the only property in Indiana on the registry of "Historic Hotels of America." Amenities include a world class spa, the Donald Ross Championship Golf Course, bowling alley, tennis center, swimming, horesback riding, several shops, restaurants, and more.

We took a long walk through the spacious gardens, vowing to come back when the flowers would be in bloom. We also wanted to spend some time in the rocking chairs which lined the sprawling veranda, but the cold drove us inside. The large ornate lobby with it's traditional furnishings was a great place for people watching.

Directions: On the main street just north of downtown.

McCallister's Profile Photo

Main Hotel In French Lick

by written on February 4, 2003

Hotel famous back in twenty and thirtys. people came by train from Louisville and Indianapolis to gamble in casinos and enjoy sulpher springs.

Unique Quality: Hotel restored to original and is like stepping back in time to early 1900s. However many visitors find it is a little too old for their tastes and a little pricey.

Nearby French Lick Springs Resort

• Free High Speed Internet
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

French Lick Travel Forum

Need advice about French Lick, Indiana? Visit the Travel Forum for French Lick and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest French Lick hotel reviews