Comfort Inn West - Indianapolis

Terrible (1.0 out of 5.0) 1 review
TripAdvisor Traveler Rating
Based on 140 reviews
Travelocity HIExpress.com

Avoid this hotel if you can.

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on November 28, 2008

I stayed at this hotel from October 19th through the 25th. It had to be one of the worst experiences of my life. I thought the beds were comfortable and the price was right but everything else was horrible. The day before I left, I discovered that the maid had accidently placed my sleep apnea mask that I wear at night on the floor in the corner of the room. I was a little irritated because I don't know when the last time the carpets were cleaned and my mask, which I put on my face, was face down. After picking it up, it was discovered that the mask was damaged beyond repair. It was impossible to be able to wear it at night without it falling off. It has been over a month since I left and during that time the hotel is refusing to do anything about it. I finally received a letter from the manager, Dawne Smith, explaining that they are not liable for any damaged property in the room. If anyone is thinking about staying at this hotel, beware of all your property. If it comes up missing or damaged, the hotel will not take responsibility for it. That goes for Tameeka and Andrew who work behind the counter. Dawne Smith the manager and Alex the owner. They will drag their feet, lie to your face but ultimately not do a thing to compensate you for damage that was clearly done by one of their staff. I was also a little surprised by the owner, Alex, who told me that he is going to fire the maid and withhold the price of the mask from her paycheck which will cause her not to be able to pay her rent. He then wanted an official statement to pass along to the police. I guess there is not such a thing as liability insurance. I still have received nothing from them. I will never stay at this hotel again.

Unique Quality: Nothing unique at all. To much construction, hotel seems old and outdated, rude staff and their inability to take responsibility for what they do.

Nearby Comfort Inn West - Indianapolis

• Continental Breakfast
  • Shuttle Service
  • Free High Speed Internet

Indianapolis Travel Forum

Need advice about Indianapolis, Indiana? Visit the Travel Forum for Indianapolis and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Indianapolis hotel reviews

Caribbean Cove Hotel & Conference Center
Indianapolis - Days Inn Downtown
Great (4.0 out of 5.0) 1 Review
Crowne Plaza Indianapolis Downtown (Union Station)
Conrad Indianapolis Hotel