50 West Washington Street, Indianapolis, Indiana, 46204, United States

Booking.com Expedia.com Travelocity

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

• TRimer's Profile Photo

Newest Kid on the Block

I just stayed at the Conrad last night for my visit to the RCA Tennis Championship. I was excited to stay at this new hotel as I had recommended it to colleagues for the Indy 500 the past 2 years. They had commented that it was very nice- but had some service challenges. I had to agree.

The hotel itself has a Capital Grille as its restaurant and a Guerlain spa- neither of which I got to try out. The lobby has a marble mosaic floor and a chandelier that looks like it is Chiluilly. Lots of staff in the front of the hotel and lobby area. You need a key card to get upstairs in the elevator- which is a nice security touch- especially given all the homeless people I saw on the streets.

Unique Quality: While my room was beautiful and well appointed (flat screen tv, luxury sheets and pillows on the bed, spa tub and shower), the service just was not up to par of the great hotels and there were a few hiccups with the room. I had not been in my room more than 5 minutes when housekeeping just opened the door to deliver a bathrobe- they did not even knock. So after I unpack and brush my teeth, I notice that there is no soap to be found in the bathroom. Lots of shampoos- in fact they were placed in every soap dish (shower, tub, sink) but no soap. So I call housekeeping and they come up and give me a bar of neutragema soap- which was weird because all the other bath products were Molton Brown. A half hour later I get a knock on my door- housekeeping checking to see if I had 2 robes. I tell the woman about no soap and she gives me 3 bottle of body wash and explains that they have a new maid. When I return later in the evening my 3 extra bottles of shampoo are now gone. Also, the plugs at the desktop don't fit a computer or phone charger plug and it should not take 15+ minutes to get your valeted car.

Directions: Downtown

More about Conrad Indianapolis Hotel

Conrad Hilton---For the Luxury Lover

by pabertra about The Conrad Hilton

THE HOTEL:

Nestled in the heart of downtown and connected directly to Circle Center Mall this is the place to see and be seen for all the luxury lovers amongst us. You'll be blown away by the amazing hand blown glass light fixture and all the little touches of luxury the Conrad has.

THE ROOM:

The Conrad Indianapolis' luxurious guest rooms feature a wide range of sophisticated amenities, including an over-sized work desk complete with multiple electrical outlets and T1 high-speed internet connectivity. A 42" flat screen HD plasma television graces each guest room and an additional television is located in each bathroom. The room is configured with one king bed and feature Conrad's signature upscale bedding which is unique to the brand. The marble floored bathroom includes a seperate tub and enclosed shower as well as designer bathroom products. Three telephones are available in each room, at bed side, desk and in the bathroom. The bed side phone is portable and the phones offer voice mail, speaker phone, call forwarding options, as well as direct line capabilities. Wireless keyboards are provided to access the internet complimentary, as well as personal account information. Lodgenet® TV satellite service also provides national, international, and Pay-Per-View channels. WOW! This hotel really succeeds at the little luxuries that go such a long way in creating an unforgettable experience. The bathroom products are Nolton Brown (i.e. available for purchase at Saks), there is a lighted makeup mirror for women, complimentary robes for use, a well stocked mini bar, a turndown service with Fiji water left bedside, and even complimentary mimosas while you wait for your car to be returned from valet. The 42" plasma and bathroom TV allowed my boyfriend to watch the game, while I got ready and caught up on the news before dinner!

Great accomodations at the Conrad

by TripAdvisor Member vanillabeanHB

I just returned from a 3 night stay at the Conrad Indianapolis and loved it! I was travelling with my daughter for a cheerleading competition and it also happened to be the same weekend as the big playoff game, so the city was crowded and very busy. The Conrad was a quiet and peaceful oasis from the craziness. Our room was luxurious and spacious. The linens were outstanding, and the 42 in plasma TV in the main room was incredible, as was the smaller version in the beautiful bathroom. The lobby was lovely with marble floors and an intricate chandelier. Staff was courteous and helpful, and seemed eager to please. We did not eat in the resturant, but it looked very nice. The hotel is located in a very large shopping mall complex and also attached by indoor walkway to the Convention Center and the RCA dome. There are numerous great resturants in the area. I agree with a previous reviewer who stated that you do not need a car - everything you need is close by.
If our gym returns to Indianapolis for this competion next year, the Conrad will most definately be my first choice.

Gorgeous Business Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member ashbudd

The Conrad Indianapolis has a great location, beautiful decor, and everything one would possibly need in a business hotel, including an outstanding gym (with personal televisions, free water, etc.) and equally nice business center. I think some previous reviews have rated its service as though it were a resort hotel; and, by that standard, it does fall short. The valet's not overeager to take your bags; the front desk staff aren't perfectly crisp and pristine; but the rooms are beautiful and comfortable, the bathrooms marvelous, and the bar a nice place to sit. The price is also competitive with less-gorgeous hotels at equal proximity to the center of town.

I would highly recommend it for a stay in Indianapolis--just don't expect to be manicured and fussed-over from the moment you arrive. Just go to your room; from the unfathomably comfortable beds to your ability to watch an LCD television while you take your double-shower-headed shower, you'll enjoy it.

Not as good as I expected

by TripAdvisor Member INmeeting

this is a five star hotel.....I expected more. The room and bathroom was beautiful just like all the other reviews, however, the coffe maker did not match the filters and I could not get that corrected. I then mentioned that tea bags were not left in our room. I was informed that they no longer offer tea but they have not removed the tea timer, etc. from the rooms yet. The hotel did make up for all of this by offering to send coffee to our room in the morning complimentary. They now only have one restaurant and I went for lunch......no menu, just a lunch buffet. Again, the hotel was beautiful but not what I expected for a 5 star. I do love Indianapolis, a very friendly, safe city. Lots of restaurants and lots to do within walking distance. I would only stay at the conrad again if the price is right.

Wow ! What a great hotel.

by TripAdvisor Member waubonseeprof

This is a 5 star hotel. Rooms are incredibly comfortable with flat screen televisions, wonderful beds and bedding, beautiful bathroom. Strongly recommend this hotel. New ownership/totally remodelled to 21st century standards. Stay here when you can!

Amazing beds, great views

by TripAdvisor Member ktsurly

We are Indianapolis residents, and chose to stay at the Conrad because we were getting married and having our reception downtown.

Upon check in, the hotel clerk made sure to congratulate me (I had noted that we were staying there on our wedding night when I made the reservation). Someone came over quickly to help me with my dress and bags, which was appreciated.

The room seemed to be a bit on the small side, but it may have felt that way because of all the furniture in the room: a desk and comfortable chair, a couch, a coffee table, and a dresser in addition to the king-size bed. We had a great view of Monument Circle and some of the downtown buildings from our room on the 18th floor. The bathroom, as others have noted, was fantastic -- clean, spacious, and luxurious. We didn't experience any difficulties with the coffee maker.

Upon returning to the room after our reception, there was a bottle of champagne on ice on the dresser next to a plate of truffles and chocolate-covered strawberries. They had also turned down the bed for us, put bottles of Fiji water on the nightstands, and strewn rose petals on the floor and put them on the bed in the shape of a heart. I believe that some of our friends and family asked for the champagne to be delivered, but because the card enclosed only said, "Congratulations from you [sic] family and friends," I'm not sure who to thank for the nice gesture. There was also a card of congratulations from the Conrad, so I believe that perhaps the champagne was from friends and the rose petals were from the Conrad.

This is a really picky thing, but there were typographical errors in nearly every printed thing I received while there -- the letter advising guests about Daylight Saving Time going into effect the next day, as well as both of our congratulatory cards. I'm an editor, so perhaps that's why I notice those types of things, but I would have thought that a 5-star hotel would have been a bit more meticulous about making sure their correspondence was perfect.

When we checked out, there was no one available in the lobby to help us with our bags or open the door for us. This was my first stay in a 5-star hotel, so I suppose I expected a little more pampering or attention to small details like that. However, I wouldn't let those things dissuade anyone from staying here. It's a nice hotel in a great location, close to a lot of restaurants and bars, Circle Centre mall, and all the hustle and bustle of downtown activity.

Beautiful hotel - horrible customer service

by TripAdvisor Member TLilly2007

The customer service was terrible. I'd rather stay at the Embassy Suites and at least get a good breaskfast! I was looking forward to staying at the Conrad - Indy's only 5-Star Hotel, and I booked one night while in town on business. I didn't arrive at the hotel until 5:00pm, but they still didn't have any rooms with King beds available. So, they put me in a room with two doubles which they said
was a better room - the view was great since it was on the 18th floor, but I can't imagine that the room was any better than any other. Some of the hotel staff were friendly and attentive, but the front desk clerks seemed incompetent and rude. There was an alarm activation at around midnight, and while awaiting further information
per the automated voice instructions, I decided ot call the front desk and ask if it would be okay to return to bed. The front desk clerk sounded irritated that I had called and after informing me that
they had an all clear, hung up on me before I could speak again. I had ordered a Wall Street Journal to be delivered to my room, and it wasn't there when I left in the morning. When I stopped at the concierge on my ways out, she gave me the excuse that they had been shorted about 70 papers and were getting them from the local paper. She then offered me either the USA Today or the Wall Street Journal. I finally did get the paper, but only after that lengthy and unneccesary exchange. In addition, there was no one around to help me with my luggage on the way out, and I had to wait what seemed like an unreasonably long time for my car to be brought by the valet. When I called the hotel the following week to request a copy of my statement for expense reporting, the front desk clerk was rude and sounded like she had an attitude problem from the start, She first transferred me to a number that rang and rang and then just stopped ringing. When I called back, she transferred me to someone's voice mail. When I called back a third time, she finally connected me to the Assistant Director of Billing and apologized to me on his behalf for not answering the telephone when I called. After receiving
the statement, I noticed that I was charged for 3 mini bar items, which was a surprise to me since I didn't use the mini bar at all. I still haven't received a response from the hotel on the message I left for that issue. I am also a Hilton Honors guest, and I am used to receiving some sort of amenity or welcome letter when I stay at a Hilton Hotel, but the Conrad offered neither. I am not usually one to
complain, but when you pay to stay at a 5-Star Hotel, you expect 5-Star service, and the Conrad certainly didn't live up to that expectation.

Nice hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Gailsun

I recently spent 2 nights at the Conrad. It is a beautiful hotel in downtown Indianapolis. The location is terrific for dining, shopping and museums. I loved the room. The bed were heavenly and the bathrooms were wonderful. My only complaint is that the maid service was terrible. They didn't show up until after 4 PM.

Very Pleasant Stay at the Conrad

by TripAdvisor Member tundrah

I stayed at the Conrad for a work trip in early March. I had never been to Indianapolis before and cant say I was entirely excited about it. However, upon my arrival at the Conrad I was pleasantly surprised.

The rooms were wonderful--great beds, huge flatscreen in the room, another flatscreen in the bathroom(!), large soaking tub which unfortunately I didnt get to use, great snacks and bottles of Fiji on the nightstand every night.

The staff was very polite and accomodating upon check in, calling cabs, etc. The breakfast was very good though maybe a little overpriced--though most buffets seem to be that way unless you go back 5 times.

We even ordered room service very late one night--the only minor complaint would be that the menu was very limited--a friend ordered a "cheeseburger" that came oversooked btw 2 slices of white bread... oh well, it was very late and at that point we wouldnt have appreciated a proper meal anyway.

Overall a great place to stay (and we got very reasonable rates as well!) when in Indianapolis.

Comments