Conrad Indianapolis Hotel

TRimer's Profile Photo

Newest Kid on the Block

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 27, 2007

I just stayed at the Conrad last night for my visit to the RCA Tennis Championship. I was excited to stay at this new hotel as I had recommended it to colleagues for the Indy 500 the past 2 years. They had commented that it was very nice- but had some service challenges. I had to agree.

The hotel itself has a Capital Grille as its restaurant and a Guerlain spa- neither of which I got to try out. The lobby has a marble mosaic floor and a chandelier that looks like it is Chiluilly. Lots of staff in the front of the hotel and lobby area. You need a key card to get upstairs in the elevator- which is a nice security touch- especially given all the homeless people I saw on the streets.

Unique Quality: While my room was beautiful and well appointed (flat screen tv, luxury sheets and pillows on the bed, spa tub and shower), the service just was not up to par of the great hotels and there were a few hiccups with the room. I had not been in my room more than 5 minutes when housekeeping just opened the door to deliver a bathrobe- they did not even knock. So after I unpack and brush my teeth, I notice that there is no soap to be found in the bathroom. Lots of shampoos- in fact they were placed in every soap dish (shower, tub, sink) but no soap. So I call housekeeping and they come up and give me a bar of neutragema soap- which was weird because all the other bath products were Molton Brown. A half hour later I get a knock on my door- housekeeping checking to see if I had 2 robes. I tell the woman about no soap and she gives me 3 bottle of body wash and explains that they have a new maid. When I return later in the evening my 3 extra bottles of shampoo are now gone. Also, the plugs at the desktop don't fit a computer or phone charger plug and it should not take 15+ minutes to get your valeted car.

Directions: Downtown

• Free High Speed Internet
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Indianapolis Travel Forum

Need advice about Indianapolis, Indiana? Visit the Travel Forum for Indianapolis and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Indianapolis hotel reviews

Caribbean Cove Hotel & Conference Center
Indianapolis - Days Inn Downtown
Great (4.0 out of 5.0) 1 Review
Crowne Plaza Indianapolis Downtown (Union Station)
Four Points by Sheraton Indianapolis Carmel