Drury Inn & Suites Northeast - Indianapolis

Drury Inn & Suites Indianapolis Northeast
Orbitz.com Hotels.com DruryHotels.com

More about Indianapolis

Jen & noel dancingJen & noel dancing

Indiana's capital building...Indiana's capital building...

photo by anonymous VTerphoto by anonymous VTer

A Home in Historic Lockerbie SquareA Home in Historic Lockerbie Square

Travel Tips for Indianapolis

Kayaking Eagle Creek Reservoir

by Cabana_Boy

I had been kayaking in New England and just got back from kayaking in Newfoundland, so, I did not expect much from Eagle Creek Reservoir in central Indiana. But, I must say that I was taken a bit by surprise. My brother and I went out one evening for a paddle and we saw a lot of water foul and some great scenery. Now granted, it wasn't anything like the Minke Whale that I saw in Bonne Bay, Newfoundland, but the kayaking was nice and peaceful all the same.

ROLL OUT THE BARRELS....

by Munchkin1973 about The Oaken Barrel

The best brewed beer this side of the Mississippi and the sweetest BBQ ever had. I'm a southern girl and that compliment comes straight from the heart. Very diverse menu for a brewpub with choices for everyone from large specialty sandwiches and full course dinners to traditional brewpub fare. If you stop only for the beer they have something for everyone, and when you finish your beer go next door to DELAFIELDS and try the chicken salad. The BBQ of course, can't get it any better than my own kitchen unless you have it here..

ONCE AROUND THE TRACK ON A "BLISTERING" DAY

by Munchkin1973

Indianapolis Mini-Marathon that occurs near the first of the month of May is designed to humble even the most prepared runner or walker in the right conditions. The start time temperature is a good indicator of how your race is going to proceed. It's been known to be cold and rainy one year and hot and humid the next...that's just at the sound of the start gun. When you're entering the gates of the Indianapolis speedway, some 5 miles into the race (it could be more or less) it's hard to imagine how those 2 1/2 miles are going to be and how many blisters you'll wind up with. DON'T GIVE UP . Remember from this point on if you quit you walk back unless you have a friend handy to park on a side road when you bale out of the race. It's an experience for everyone young and old and to be in the company of that many runners/walkers at one time is sure to produce chillbumps when you come up to a hill and look forwards and backwards seeing the large mass of people that seem to be moving as one.

West Side of the Monument

by grkboiler

The west side of the Soldiers' and Sailors' Monument has a sculpture titled "Peace" with a smaller sculpture "The Return Home".

"Peace" has Liberty holding a flag while a freed slave holds a broken chain. The Angel of Peace holds a wreath representing victory and an olive branch representing peace. There are also soldiers returning home victorious after battle.

"The Return Home" represents the happiness of a soldier returning home to his family.

IndianaPolis- Indiana City

by lszkopiec

"There's more than corn in Indiana...."

I moved to Indianapolis, approximately, 4 years ago. I have always lived in Indiana, so that's exciting. I moved here for school. I go to Herron School of Art and Design. I love it. I didn't really like it here when I moved here because I didn't know what was going on and I always assume that I could be somewhere better, which may or may not be true. I decided what I should do is, love where I am and love where I am from. So it's taken some time but it's working. I have learned to appreciate many things about this place and I have met some of the greatest people. I don't think I will always live here but for the time being I do live here and I love it. I will explain more later.

Comments