Holiday Inn Select Indianapolis North (At The Pyramids)

3850 DePauw Blvd., North Michigan Road and I-465, Indianapolis, Indiana, 46268, United States

Caribbean Cove Hotel & Conference Center
Orbitz.com Hotels.com CaribbeanCoveHotel

Satisfaction Terrible

• Toughluck's Profile Photo

Convenient and easy with kids

We used to make regular trips to Indianapolis with the kids. This was easy to get to from north and northwest of the city (i.e., NW indiana, Chicago or the upper Great Lakes.) Clean comfortable and easy to get around.

Unique Quality: It always has had a 'Holidome' play area for the kids. We'd get 1st floor rooms and sit outside the rooms sliding door into the holidome and the kids could come and go as they pleased.

Directions: Northwest just off the I-465, at Michigan Ave. The areas is called the Pyramids from the unique three tower office building to the east.

More about Holiday Inn Select Indianapolis North (At The Pyramids)

Young Kids will Love it

by TripAdvisor Member agioe

Took a friend to this hotel because of the Carribean Cove...she loves pools/water, and lives in Indiana, and her birthday is in March. The staff were very very friendly. We found plenty of food options..even healthy ones with salads and wraps. The water park had nice hot tubs and the play areas for the kids seemed a huge hit..even for us adults. The water slides will thrill the slightly older kids and adults. You can always opt for the quieter pool and hot tub in the Holidome section for a change of pace. The rooms are nice and clean...but BOY are they noisy. The kids no doubt wear themselves out at the water park and sleep like babies. For me, different story. The auto close doors slam shut with such force that my bed would vibrate. That meant every time a door opened and shut within 10 rooms of ours...my bed shook. You can hear every word said in the hall..which is filled constantly with happy, gleeful, running, squealing kids. It would finally be quiet by 12:30am...but then started again around 8am. I can see the appeal for young families, birthday parties, etc. But parents beware...sleep well before you go!

Over Priced and Over Rated

Other than the waterpark, there is nothing special about this hotel. I have stayed at better hotels for less money. The staff was mediocre and unfriendly. The bathroom had issues. When taking a shower, the water turned cold for a couple of minutes, most likely due to another room's facilities being used. The ceilings, not only in the bathroom, but other areas of the hotel are very low. I don't believe anyone over 6'5" would be comfortable. My husband is 6'2" and had to stoop to use the bathroom mirror. We booked a room for 2 adults and 1 child and there were only 2 bath towels supplied.

The elevators were very slow and at least one was out of order.

I would definitely not recommend eating at the hotel. The food was over priced for the quality. Again, the food was mediocre and bland. The vegetable du jour was cold on the plate. It also had been soaking in its bath of water and butter for some time and was very soggy.

We purchased the Carribean Cove Waterpark package. For what the package costs, it claims that children eat free, but the caveat is that an adult must purchase an entree, so even at the Calypso Cafe inside the waterpark, you cannot get the kids meal free without ordering something yourself. Again, the food was nothing special and was overpriced. For the price of this package, you would at least expect a complimentary continental breakfast, but that is not the case. The breakfast buffet is over $10 per adult with everything else (i.e. coffee, orange juice, etc.) a la carte. Our breakfast for 2 people even with the free kids meal came to over $30.

You would be better off spending your money to take your children to a separate amusement facility and get a better hotel.

Much improvement

I believe the manager must be reading these reviews. We stayed at this hotel one year ago and found the staff very rude. Our son really wanted to return since the opening of the Caribbean Cove. With much trepedation we did. The entire staff couldn't have been kinder or more professional. I can't believe the difference in attitude. The Caribbean Cove was a perfect treat for my 6 year old son who just completed two, two-week swimming sessions. The hotel rooms appear cleaner although they could still use some updating. I do recommend you eat elsewhere. There are plenty of great restaurants in Indianapolis which are very close to the hotel.

Awesome!

I am a single mother of 2 children, a 5 1/2 year old son and a 2 1/2 year old daughter. We spent 2 nights and 3 days there over our fall break. We had a blast. Even though neither of my children knew how to swim, they had a blast in the kiddie area with the pirate ship. The arcade and game room upstairs was super as well. We did not experience long lines at all even though the hotel was sold out both nights. They also have an arts and crafts room for children. My children made puppy/kitty slippers one night and enjoyed playing with the staff in there. The game tables along the sides of the holidome were a nice addition too. My children ate free in the one restaurant and they loved the food. I, myself, thought it was very good. We also spent some time exploring the Indianapolis Zoo and The Children's Museum on Friday and Saturday. I will definitely take my children back when they are a little older that way they can experience the water slides and other things at the hotel. Lastly, the hotel staff was very courtious to me and my family. We didn't have any problems at all.

Overall Great Time

My husband and I, along with our 3 children 9,8&6 stayed @ the hotel for just a weekend getaway. We had so much fun. There was plenty of things for the kids to do, and not just the waterpark. There was an entire agenda for the kids, every hour was something different for them to do all weekend. It was hard for them to decide what all to do. It was also fun for me to help with crafts, games and even sit with them @ movie time. We are sure to visit again soon, and tell everyone of our wonderful experience.

Loved Caribbean Cove and everything about this hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member EWG

This hotel and water park are terrific! We stayed one night with our 7 and 3 year-old, plus my brother's family (kids, 6, 9 and 10).
At check-in, the desk attendant informed my husband that the rates had dropped since our original booking and immediately credited our account $100!! Needless to say -- a fantastic first-impression!
Not only is the water park fun and appealing to guests of every age, it is clean and chock-full of very attentive life guards.
We ate two meals at the restaurant, which was just fine - can't beat the free kids meals. We opted for dinner across the street at Texas Roadhouse for a change of pace - which is a very short 3 minute walk and delicious and great value.
The playroom and the 'counselors' on duty were fantastic -- plenty of games, arts & crafts and even free cookie decorating after dinner! There's even a little putt-putt area outside the playroom, plus foosball, pool, and a big screen tv.
Loved this place and will definitely return!

Early disappointment

We haven't even made our trip yet and I am disappointed. I checked my credit card bill to find that I have been charged twice what I was quoted for the room rental. Talking with their reservation manager was pointless, the "good" news is that if I cancel before 6:00 I may not lose any money. Who's going to tell all the kids their holiday is over?

LOVED it CAnt wait to go back!!

by TripAdvisor Member tdawn_21

My husband, my two kids ages two and five, and myself went to the Holiday inn for a weekend getaway! We loved it. The water park was great! The kids had a blast! We had a hard time getting them out of there. We even had fun chasing them around a playing on the slides ourselves! The staff was awesome and very attentive to our needs. We called the front desk to ask for more towels less than 5 minutes later they were knocking on ourdoor with towels! I never experienced one rude employee while we were there and I am a very picky person!!The rooms were comfortable and very clean! the beds were comfortable and the pillows were the best For a hotel I was very impressed!! The food was good although pretty expensive!! But for the conveinence of being able to go straight to the food bar from the water park was worth it! Like I said before I consider myself a very picky peron and I was very impressed with this hotel and We cant wait to go back!!

LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!!

This is our second time going to the waterpark and we just LOVE it! Spent the night with our 3 kids ages 13, 6 and 5 and they had a great time!! The staff was very friendly and helpful! The lifeguards are so AWESOME! They are very attentive and nice to the kids and parents. The rooms are pretty nice, we requested more towles, and extra blankets and with in minutes someone was at our door bringing them to us. They brought us a BIG stack of towels and nice blankets. I would highly recomend this fun time to parents who just want to get away for the weekend to spend some good clean fun with their kids. I think my husband had more fun going down the water slides than the kids! We will be going back again soon!

Comments