1 South Capitol Avenue, Indianapolis, Indiana, 46204, United States

Travelocity Orbitz.com Expedia.com

• Bad choice

Rooms are way too small. We reserved a suite using online reservation and got only a miniature double-bed room. It took a lot of arm bending at the reception to get what we asked for.

Hotel lobby looks more like a mall than a hotel - no privacy and secluded comfy spaces at all. All shops close around 9pm and then you're stuck with room service.

If you plan on staying in Indianapolis Hyatt in style, make sure they really book you the suite or chose another hotel!

• djramey's Profile Photo

Hyatt Regency

You could say that I grew up at the Hyatt, being that I was there nearly two or three times a month for nearly five to six years of my life. My days with my partner in crime, my cousin, create fond memories of the place. His mother worked for Simon Corporations (see: most all major malls in the USA), and we would take weekends there, creating our own playland.

Unique Quality: The Hyatt is located right downtown, within walking distances of nearly everything worth seeing, eating or hearing. Directly across from the 800,000 square foot Circle Centre Mall (a Simon mall) provides a cornucopia of options not 100 feet away. But the hotels real magic lies within its 20 story walls. The hotel contains 500 rooms, a twenty story atrium which you can climb in two large glass elevators, and a large waterfall. It also includes 23 grand suites, 16 shops, 7 restaurants (including the famous Eagle's Nest rotating rooftop and lounge), a full service bank and business rooms and the largest fitness centre of any hotel. It is also a favorite hub for athletic teams, bands and Indy convention goers.

Directions: Across street from Circle Centre Mall

• Kay_C's Profile Photo

$125 - $150 US

Unique Quality: Great location in downtown Indianapolis near the Capitol - connected to Circle Centre Mall and the RCA Dome by skywalks - lots of great restaurants nearby.

Directions: One South Capitol Avenue
    Indianapolis
    Indiana 46204

• gkitzmil's Profile Photo

Hyatt

$100 +

Unique Quality: Well, I hate to say it but they are really nice to me! I mean, hey, it's a Hyatt -- big atrium, great revolving restaurant for the view, nice rooms, great location. It is also across the street from the Off Track Betting facility connected to Churchill Downs so if you can't be in Louisville for the Kentucky Derby this would be second best!

More about Hyatt Regency Indianapolis

Hated it over priced anddamm poor upkeep and service

This was a poor choice for a week long stay. poor service and overpriced rooms without enough towels. Lousey location as the area of town was not good for a stroll about town to go eat or see some sights.

WE LEFT EVEN THOUGHT WE BOOKED THROUGH PRICELINE!

by TripAdvisor Member mikie12

I love Hyatt's.........and can always count on a nice hotel. Well, this one is totally different, and is not recommended.

We booked through priceline(-) and got a good rate, but I would not have stayed here for free.

Big, dirty, and after three rooms that had noise, smell, and heat problems, we just went downstairs, turned in our keys and left.

I was really shocked that we received a full refund from Hyatt. They are a great hotel chain, but this one fell through the cracks.

Beautiful, perfect location, great staff

This is possibly the best hotel in Indy. There is the awesome revolving rooftop restaurant, another restaurant plus two fast food stops inside the hotel.
I can't understand how anyone could say this is a bad hotel or is in the wrong location. It's right smack dap, downtown Indy for goodness sake. It's attached to the Circle Centre Mall and it is fine for a stroll, inside or out.
The elevators were not the quickest though and we did have to wait sometimes more than 9 seconds even but they overlook the hotel lobby and waterfall so it's worth the wait. We were just vacationing for the weekend so were not in a hurry though. We stay in Indy multiple times each year and this was our first stay at the Hyatt. The only one we liked as much is the Radisson, where we stay annually for it's outdoor, rooftop pool. However, the Hyatt has an indoor pool so it was our choice for a cold winter's day. The water in the pool was very warm and nice by the way.
I loved this place and so did my kids. They offer nearly as much, and in some cases more, than some 4 and 5 star hotels. The service was awesome and personalized, we had everything we wanted right here.

Hyatt needs help ( get your wallet out).

We stayed here the weekend of the "monster Jam". Way to many people for the 4 elevators they have. We waited over 20 min. to get an elevator, then once we were on, it was very hot and took another 10 min. to finally get to our room, which was on the 20th floor. This was how it was the whole weekend. Upon checking out, we actually used the "service elevator" because the "main elevators" were full everytime the doors opened, so an employee of the hyatt took us to a service elevator so we could get down to the main floor. The rooms were way to hot. I tried to adjust the temp., but it stayed on 71 degrees, way to hot for us, we like it in the 60's. The whole hotel was way to hot! We decided to try the "brunch buffet" at the PORCH, WOW, $24.95 a person. I almost had a heart attack! $100.00 for brunch, no matter the ages of your kids, don't think so!! Then we waited over 40 min. to get out of the garage and on top of that had to pay them $18. I stayed at their hotel and had to pay for parking, how obsurd it that. The only good thing about the Hyatt was their location to the RCA dome, other then that, we would've been happier at a Super 8, no joke. You spend good money for a miserable hotel experience. GET MORE ELEVATORS, DON'T HAVE PEOPLE PAY FOR PARKING, AND ADJUST YOUR HEAT TO 60 DEGREES.

great hotel

by TripAdvisor Member tdawn_21

My husband and I stayed at the Hyatt for a company Christmas party the weekend before christmas. Although it was quite packed because they had all of us from the company and a football team who was playing the colts the next day plus all their fans.I thought the elevators were slow but they had signs apologizing for that and they stated all the elevators were not working due to them updating them to suite their hotel better.I would definitely stay at the hyatt again. The rooms were nice and clean. I had no problems with the heat or the rooms being dirty or anything else.The only complaint i did have was the hotel not being blocked off from the mall. At the begining of the night we got hear the gaurds yelling at kids whos parents obviously were not watching them like they should be.
Which is in turn not the hotels but the parents fault !! I did enjoy the Hyatt and will definetly go back!!!

Comments