40 West Jackson Place, Indianapolis, Indiana, 46225, United States

Orbitz.com Travelocity Hotels.com

Costs 48% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• WOW Run away as fast as you can!!!!!

Paid for Valet... I was told my car got broken into over the night. it was 1 of like 7. I found my card in a public parking with across the street NO Security. Walls are paper thin. You can hear the water in the pipes. Pool is like a group hot tub. it was not place I will ever go back to. Omni told me too talk with the subcontracted company that did their Valet for them. I would not stay there again I would stay at a hole in the wall before going back there.
    P.S. noisy, smelly, old building

I am giving a update on how sorry this hotel is. Aaron "eCommerce Manager Omni Severin Hotel sent me this message. " We read your review and we apologize that your car was broken into during your stay. I spoke to our director of operations this morning and we want to offer you a complimentary one-night stay for all the trouble. If you would like to accept the certificate please send me your mailing address and we will send it to you. Again we are sorry you're stay was so lousy and we want to try to make it up to you."

I sent back this
    "1 night that is the best the the Omni can... come on... I lost over $1300 in stuff in my car and about 1200 damage done to my card that i had to turn in to my INS company. The Omni is try win me back over and that is the best they can do..... Come on how about a Omni Suite in Atlanta for 3night Friday, Saturday and Sunday"

Aaron send me this back on 8-26
    "I am talking with the director of operations to see what we can do. Of course I can't guarantee a 3 night weekend stay at our Atlanta property. When I hear from him I'll make sure to send you a message. Thanks, Aaron

I told him how to best contact me on 8-26

Aaron send me this back on 9-2
    I'm sorry, but after speaking to our director of operations we can't offer you a three-night comp stay at our Atlanta hotel. We're sorry to lose you as a customer, but we hope maybe in the future you would reconsider staying at an Omni.

I would not plan on getting any help from there customer service. 1 night stay is the best they can do. they are a big company and 1 night is the best they can do... Dont wast your time go to a different hotel.

Unique Quality: na

• WOW Run away as fast as you can!!!!!

P.S. noisy, smelly, old building

I sent back this

Aaron send me this back on 8-26

I told him how to best contact me on 8-26

Aaron send me this back on 9-2

Unique Quality: na

• newhoosier's Profile Photo

Nice Hotel, Nice Price

Did an overnight here and would recommend it to all. Not the cheapest around but not a bad price though. Nice view of Downtown Indianpolis availible, within walking distance of the Circle Center, and quiet.

Rooms were clean and updated with plenty of space to relax. Multiple services availible to help you enjoy your stay.

Unique Quality: Banquet Facilities, suites availible, hair dryer, iron and ironing board, high-speed wireless access in rooms, and dining in the lobby.

Indoor pool and fitness center in building.

Directions: Near the Old Union Station in Southern Downtown

• gkitzmil's Profile Photo

Omni Severin

$100, push them to get this rate but don't even think of it if there is a race in the city

Unique Quality: feeling of a European hotel (Hey, I've stayed in lots of European hotels, even in 2000)

Directions: Illinois at Jackson Place in the heart of the city

More about Omni Severin Hotel

Hot Tuna -- just off the Lobby...

by gkitzmil

Hot Tuna -- just off the Lobby (see photo, that's the Lobby not the restaurant) of the Omni Severin Hotel -- see below
for Indianapolis, a really nice restaurant with good service and great food All of the seafood

Sufferin' at the Severin'...

by TripAdvisor Member Having_a_great_day

I stayed at the Omni for a full week on business.

Room Issues: Toilet started leaking at 10:00pm. At 10:30pm maintenance showed up and told me he could NOT fix it. He was nice enough to call downstairs and request another room for me (my one bright spot during my stay). I asked if I could have another smoking room. The reply from the front desk was that the NON-smoking room upstairs had a balcony that I could smoke on (keep in mind this was in the dead of winter with eight inches of snow on the balcony and a wind chill factor of 2 degrees). I wouldn't let an animal go out there let alone a Guest.

Other Issues: My room key (both keys - I was given two keys) stopped working during my stay. The fitness area is mediocre (the Hyatt has a phenomenal gym). Bathtub had dark discoloration and some TV channels were very snowy.

I paid $20 a day to valet park. The average waiting time to get my car was 25 minutes. Which was outdone by the fact the I waited 50 minutes on a "conga line" of cars to park the car on Saturday. Next time I'll stay at the Homewood Suites where the service and people are great with free breakfast and free parking. I'm done Sufferin' and the Severin'

Nice Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Rich01Cards

My wife and I stayed at the Omni for a quick getaway for the weekend. We requested an early check-in and as I expected it wasn't ready when we arrived. The staff assured us the room would be ready in 15 minutes. After waiting around in the lobby for over an hour the staff apologized several times and eventually upgraded us to a suite at no extra charge and provided us free breakfast the next morning.

The room was nice, clean and the view was great. Be sure to request a corner room and a suite if you can afford it. Overall the decorations were nice and the room was comfortable. Our only complaint was how loud the a/c unit was at night.

The hotel is extremely convenient to about eveything downtown, including resturants, Circle-Center Mall, RCA Dome, Conseco Fieldhouse and etc.

In short, we would consider staying here again but also might consider other hotels in the same area. For the price, including the steep valet/overnight parking charge of $21 plus tip, it's probably worth shopping around for the best deal in the area.

Great Stay at Omni

by TripAdvisor Member cookbritish

The Omni Severin was very great hotel even on the dates we stayed there! (St. Patricks Day)
The hotel service was great never have we been welcomed and greated so many times. The Hotels rooms were of good size the triple sheated beds were an great thought. We joined the select guest, (which everyone should do) and enjoyed a wonderful beverage service in the morning. The Hot Tuna restaurant served an great breakfast $15.95 for the buffet. Sounds expensive but all of the food was very delicous and the restaurant service excelled.
All in all the hotel was very nice and we enjoyed it greatly!

Very happy with our stay

by TripAdvisor Member huntlawoffice

Just got done with a 1 night stay at the Omni Severin and was VERY pleased. Need to make clear we got a real good rate via Priceline (~1/3 of the rack rate on their website) and this does influence our feeling (who wouldn’t be happier getting a room over $100 off).

Room was not large, but certainly adequate, clean and nicely furnished – only minor complaint was that we backed up to the elevators and so there was a slight noise as they went up and down (not so loud as to be troubling, but could be if you’re a really light sleeper). The elevator “problems” mentioned in other reviews are a minor issue, the fundamental problem is the layout of the upper floors (an inverted “U” shape) combined with the elevator placement (two on either side of the U instead of a central bank), means that you’ve really only got 2 elevators servicing your request rather than 4. That said, all of them were in service and while we did have to wait a few times, the wait time was not excessive.

The lobby is nicely furnished with plenty of seating and the staff was very helpful. Due to circumstances my wife arrived separately and very late. I mentioned this to the desk and ask if they could hold a key for her, they simply asked for her full name and indicated they would give her a key upon her showing photo ID. Also, we had no problem with a late check out as we were meeting people for a brunch. On this topic we ate the Sunday brunch at Hot Tuna (the hotel restaurant) and were very pleased with both the food and the service. Only complaint was that we were charged for 6 adults & 1 child (instead of 5 & 1), but this was understandable as we had asked if seating for 7 was a problem while we were waiting for everyone to arrive and 1 of our party never did show up.

Yes, the valet parking is expensive, but many (most?) of the other downtown hotels charge similar amounts. You do have the Pan Am garage option (mentioned in another review), however, given our late arrival, the fact that I got there with all the luggage and a 9 year old and that I had saved so much on the room rate, I decided to go ahead and pay the $21 for valet parking. No complaints about the service, car arrived in 5-10 minutes following request and we were asked if we needed directions.

Lastly, it is close to pretty much everything worth doing in the downtown area (albeit a little farther from the White River Park area then some of the other hotels. And, as many of the downtown hotels, is part of a growing network of sky tunnels connecting major downtown buildings (Circle Centre Mall, Convention Center, etc.).

Overall a nice stay and I would certainly consider staying here again, particularly at the rate I received with my Priceline bid.

Customer service exceptional, rest mediocre

by TripAdvisor Member stretched2thin

The biggest pro is definitely the customer service. Exceptional. High class treatment. Lots of staff standing around offering assistance, "Do you need assistance with your bags? Is there something I can help you with? Can I get someone to get your car? Do you need help with directions?" Staff was very helpful, friendly, and professional. I really felt pampered.

Fitness room had plenty of good equipment and pool looked just right, although felt a little warm. But, I didn't have time to use either.

Shower was nice. Bed was comfy. Big fluffy queen pillows. I slept well, except that I kept getting up, because I couldn't seem to get the temperature controlled right. I had a nice view from the 11th floor.

I didn't love the room. My biggest complaint was how small it was. It was tiny and tight, and I'm a small person. I had a queen bed. I was by myself and couldn't imagine 2 people trying to share the room. The bathroom is especially tiny. No counter space, although there's a glass shelf you can put some things one. There's absolutely no way 2 people could be in the bathroom at the same time. The bathroom was well lit for putting cosmetics on.

The floor looked like it didn't get vacuumed well enough. The sheets has what appeared to be rust stains on them. They also looked pretty worn.

I got the room on Priceline, so I got a great deal, $60. If I could pick, I would stay at the Hyatt where I stayed the last time for $60 on Priceline. Lots roomier, etc. Although the customer service was not remarkable, like at the Omni.

I'll be staying at the Omni Charlotte, NC next week. I hope I enjoy the room better.

Comments