Sheraton Indianapolis Hotel and Suites

8787 Keystone Crossing, Indianapolis, Indiana, 46240, United States

Sheraton Indianapolis Hotel at Keystone Crossing
Booking.com Travelocity Orbitz.com

• Keystone @The Crossing's hotel

Sheraton Indianapolis is where I've almost always stayed in Indy, ever since it was the radisson. It has its own free parking garage, and an indoor walkway to the fashion mall. You could end up going from the fashion mall to your room to your car without ever going outside. (great for when the Indianapolis skies open fire and drench the city.)

Unique Quality: A nice pool, and nice lobby. The restaurant serves breakfast in the morning. It may serve other meals, too, but I know breakfast is not too upscale for kids. The bar serves drinks all day (I think). Great breakfast buffet, though. The beds were also really comfy

Directions: Keystone at the crossing-check out the other two hotels in the area, too.

More about Sheraton Indianapolis Hotel and Suites

doesn't deserve the Sheraton name

by TripAdvisor Member JFK69

As an introduction, I am used to staying in Sheraton hotels all over Asia, and have always been very satisfied.
The Sheraton Indianapolis gives me the impression to go from a 5 stars hotels to a old 2-3 star hotels:
- rooms are old and dirty. Sofa was so stained that I didn't dare seating on it
- sheets were also stained... and were not changed the 2nd day
- corridors are so bleak you get depressed
- in a previous stay, I discovered one month after my stay that they charged me $60 on my credit card without ever warning me or sending me an invoice (they forgot to bill me part of my laundry at the checkout, and they used my credit card print after my departure w/o my authorization). I had to send 5 emails to finally get an invoice

On the positive side, to be balanced in my judgment:
- there is a free access to a third-part fitness center next to the hotel
- breakfast buffet is OK... the days they decide they have enough customers to prepare a buffet
- the staff at reception was very polite and efficient

For the people who are looking for an hotel in the same area of Sheraton, I rather recommend the Marriott

Not too bad, lots of potential

by TripAdvisor Member arasco

Stayed at the Sheraton Indianapolis for three nights last week. Im Starwood Gold and all in all it was a great deal because I used 4,000 starpoints for each night and still received a bonus from Starwood of 2,000 points per night. Also, I got upgraded to a large suite.

This place needs some updating but is clean and the staff is great. It could actually be an outstanding hotel with renovation of doors, fixtures, carpets and baths.

It's a huge place and is attached to a really big mall and there are tons of restaurant choices within an easy five minute walk or less.

I would stay here again as long as it doesnt go down hill, because the staff is nice, the comp rates are low, and the location is nice.

I just really wish they would do something with the potential of the hotel and make it truly fit in with the upscale surroundings. It's kind of the run-down place on the block.

Meh...Could Have Been Better

by TripAdvisor Member dgr81

Four of us stayed at the Sheraton Indianapolis from June 28 to July 3rd, 2006. We were in town for the Formula One race. The room cost us $75USD/night which was a great deal considering the dates of our stay. We got the rate through PL.

I think the easiest way to complete this review is to list the PROS and CONS and let you decide.

PROS:

-price. at $75/night the room was a steal.

-staff. everyone was friendly, from the valet guy to the front desk staff who upgraded us to a preferred customer room at no extra charge.

-location. the location is excellent. you are attached to the Fashion Mall and there are plenty of restauants to choose from within walking distance.

-beds. the beds were very comfy.

CONS

-it's an old hotel. the furniture is terrible. we were in a preferred guest room and the chair and table in the room were falling apart. the hallways and walls are dirty and scuffed.

-the sheets are disgusting. we had stains on all of our sheets. we had to have them changed twice. we also found stained towels in our room.

-the tv channels sucked. we had about 10 channels, of whch 3 were ESPN and there was HBO. not much to watch when you're in the room.

-the bathroom is tiny. the shower head is very old.

Overall, it was an OK stay. I have definitely stayed in better hotels. I would never have paid the regular rate of $249/night to stay at this hotel. They really need to fix up the little things that are bringing this hotel down. They are still in business based on the name alone. Several famous people stay at this hotel on a regular basis. During our stay some of the F1 teams were there plus Nickelback and Hoobastank. I hope they got clean sheets and clean towels.

Nice Sheraton

by TripAdvisor Member HH2

My family and I stayed at the Sheraton while attending the Indianapolis 500 over the holiday weekend. After reading some reviews, I was a little concerned about staying here. However, I was pleasantly surprised. The hotel was clean and the staff was friendly. The hotel is a little worn, but it’s not dirty. I would stay again.

ShoooooooooWeeeeeeeee, Sheraton

by TripAdvisor Member travel03

Where do I start?

..from the snotty kid at the front desk, to the dirty room, unkept pool, or the gym with NO workout equipment, its hard to choose.

The ROOM:
When I walked in to our room, I was immediately embarrassed. As I had been bragging to my friends about staying at the Sheraton. The carpet was horribly stained, the bed had pieces of, i guess what was a cookie on it. There was also a breakfast card with coffee rings on it.
The TV didnt work so we called maintenance and someone came up almost immediatley, however it only worked for 10 minutes or so after he left.
The next day I was sitting next to the window drinking my coffee and the daylight revealed what seemed to be vomit on the dust ruffle on the bed that I had slept.

The BATHROOM:
The non-slip grip on the bottom of the shower was black from the bottom of dirty feet, yuck.

The POOL:
The pool was okay, but not great. The walls and ceilings paint was beginning to warp adn peel. And damage that had already been done like dents or water damage was just painted over instead of repaired. The womens bathroom by the pool was out of paper towels and the workout room was empty, with the exception of 2 vending machines full of candy and soda... Oxymoron.

The BOTTOMLINE:
It seemed like they REALLY need to renovate. It was like taking nice furniture and putting it in a dump.

Disappointing

by TripAdvisor Member 1BJ1987

We got this room for $98 through Hotwire.

We felt completely safe at this location. It is in a beautiful area!

I was very disappointed by the room though. It was ridiculously small! And the beds were small. My family of 4 was cramped for 6 days.

Our room was clean when we checked in but it went down hill from there. It is pretty obvious from the other reviews as well as my own experience that this establishment needs to hire new housecleaning staff! The dirty towels would be removed but no clean ones left. Sometimes there would be no new coffee packets left (which I needed since there was NO complimentary coffee in the lobby). The coffee pot was never cleaned. In fact, one morning I reached for a cup for my coffee and found that the housekeeper had simply placed a clean paper cover over my dirty cup from the day before!

The halls on my floor were badly in need of vacuuming!

The ground floor. lobby and walk way to the mall was well maintained so perhaps the managers are simply unaware of the problems on the room floors.

I loved the ease of getting to the mall.

You also had to go to the lobby to use the free Internet. To access the Internet in your room you had to pay $10.00 a day! And note: a "day" is 12 noon to 12 noon. It is not 24 hours from the time you log on!

This would actually be a great place to stay if it was cleaner and if the beds were larger. I didn't sleep well the entire stay which is NOT usually a problem for me when I'm away from home.

Not too bad

by TripAdvisor Member mimiller

I stayed at this hotel on September 30 2006 for a girls night out. The staff was very helpful and polite upon check in. We went to our room, which was very clean, however, it was a little on the small side. The bathroom was a nice size though, and the shower had plenty of hot water and nice water pressure. I wasnt too crazy about the beds, to me, they were a little stiff. I was also a little grossed out by the stains i later found on the sheets before I went to bed, but over all a nice stay. Check out was a breeze with their express check out. I am a travel agent and I would recommend this hotel (I would tell my clients to check their sheets though)

Needs Improvements

by TripAdvisor Member newspro

Upon reading previous reviews on this site I asked my wife if we could change our reservation. She said it was too late and that payment had already been made on all three rooms we had booked.

Since we are elite members of their club we were upgraded to the top executive floor, which was nice. And of the three rooms booked, two were pretty nice. The third had problems.

The room with the problem had a shower that wouldn't shut off. A call to the front desk on Friday got no results and our family members from that room had to shower in our room since their shower--while it wouldn't shut off--only offered a trickle of water.

The problem went unrepaired on our second and final night and when we complained, we were given---as I recall---an extra 8,000 frequent stay points for our trouble.

The hotel's lobby needs updating, as others have stated. It reminds me of my old high school lobby just down the street!

We only sampled the hotel's restaurant for a buffet breakfast and it was "okay." For $15 they offered the usual breakfast meats, scrambled eggs, fruit and the world's slowest toaster!

It seemed odd that there was a custom waffle station but there was no omelette station.

The hotel is well located for any business you might have on the northeast side of town and is directly linked to a really nice mall called Fashion Mall. There is also fine dining within easy walking distance.

The pool was farily nice and while my wife and I didn't take the plunge, our kids did and said it was pretty cold. The large hot tub was nice until the jet nozzles broke down!

Overall our stay here (for a special family birthday celebration) was okay. But with a few upgrades, this hotel could be a much nicer property.

Your basic sleeping headquarters

by TripAdvisor Member Chessdad

This is a leading convention center in a nice business/shopping district with easy access and plenty of free parking. Other than that, you get a fluffy comfortable bed and basic accomodations. (The adjacent tower building used to be a Westin hotel, and may still be nicer).

A long utility table passes for a desk. Heating/cooling was basic - no climate control - but powerful. The 25" TV was old. Parents note: no game console (good or bad, up to you). Bathroom - okay, an old showerhead over a worn bathtub, but clean. No swiveling mirror. The brown carpet was old and had indelible red stains between the beds. The pool was too cold to relax in and too small for exercise. Breakfast buffet was very basic for $9.

Consider this hotel only if (a) you plan to spend most of your time in town (or attending a convention), and (b) you just need a room for a good night's sleep.

Comments