Staybridge Suites Indianapolis Fishers

Staybridge Suites Indianapolis - Fishers
IHG Travelocity Booking.com

More about Indianapolis

IN THE BUTLER GYMIN THE BUTLER GYM

The legend that IS Reggie Miller - a Pacer foreverThe legend that IS Reggie Miller - a Pacer forever

photo by Lady_Mystiquephoto by Lady_Mystique

Scottish Rite Cathedral TheaterScottish Rite Cathedral Theater

Renaissance Tower Historic Inn

by BarbaraJean1987

I have made a purchase through Hotwire for our 6 day stay in Indianapolis. The hotel we ended up with is Renaissance Tower Historic Inn.

After reading reviews on the Internet for this place, I am terrified! Honestly, I am sick. I have never seen hotel reviews as bad as this hotel has received. It appears from the reviews that 9th street is not a safe neighborhood.

Can anybody please give me some information about the area and the hotel.

RE: Renaissance Tower Historic Inn

by crimcrop

My reply might be moot since you posted your questions awhile ago, but I will say that I have stayed in Renaissance tower some years ago and I thought it was a very nicely maintained, efficiently operated, and tastefully decorated historic inn. I realize places can change over time, but I have generally heard good things about the hotel even recently. In any event, I believe the current owners plan to convert it entirely into condominiums soon. The area around the hotel is certainly NOT dangerous--it is just a little bland and not full of much activity. However, you are not very far from central downtown which is very nice.

Travel Tips for Indianapolis

Indy rocks

by FoxWMulder

People who give Indianpolis a bad rap probably have not been there. I'd say it's one of the most underrated places I've been. The attitude about Indianapolis is not bad, but an "average" rating does not do this place justice. I think it doesn't get enough attention. Ever since I was real little I would go there to see my Grandmother, my Aunt and Uncle. I used to love catching fireflies at night. OK OK I still do. Indianapolis is the place to visit, and to live. Go there. You'll thank yourself

Abandoned cemetery

by GeneralTsao

If you're the type that likes to explore cemeteries, there's one in Indy I happened upon.

It's a small plot, right next to I-465 and E. Washington St.

Its small size would imply a family plot, but the names are quite varied, so I don't think it's just family.

Most of the markers (the ones that could be read) are around 100 years old or so.

Dir: Exit on E. Washington, go W to traffic light. Turn left on S. Old Trail Rd. Follow 1/4 mile to cemetery on L.

Diner grub

by sambarnett about Fountain Diner

Once an authentic Woolworth's diner, the Fountain Diner dishes up a 1950s vibe largely free of the kind of shlock you'd get at other "authentic" diners. When my friend meekly announced his food selection the waiter, an old salt, barked, "Well, speak up!" Burgers, fries and shakes.

Salsa Dance Lessons

by staindesign

check out the into salsa web site. Their classes are at various dance clubs in the city and they have a central studio downtown. In this picture are the owners and main teachers. Yang & Erin as sonny & cher, this was at last years Halloween Dance at the Vault Club. Most Holidays they have a special dance at a club.

If you like Architecture: Check out the Library!

by staindesign

The main library downtown Indianapolis is really becoming such a beautiful building. I am not really into architecture, but this building commands notice. It is quite modern, it is about 5 stories of glass on the one side and it is attached to the original old building. I can't wait to have a chance to see it when it is finished. They have been working on this for a long time also, probably 2 yrs. But i think it will be worth the wait! They say that it should be done by the end of 2007.

Comments