Sunrise Hotel

3525 North Shadeland Ave., (formerly Econo Lodge East), Indianapolis, Indiana, 46226, United States
Rodeway Inn
Booking.com Priceline.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Terrible

More about Indianapolis

Street Lamp at Indiana MemorialStreet Lamp at Indiana Memorial

Historic School facade in the lobbyHistoric School facade in the lobby

me giving chaco the goodieme giving chaco the goodie

Downtown IndianapolisDowntown Indianapolis

Travel Tips for Indianapolis

Go downtown. Downtown Indy is...

by Granger44

Go downtown. Downtown Indy is safe, fairly clean, and contains the best concentration of things to do including a mall, three sports venues, a few museums, and several restaurants and night spots. Game 2, Pacers vs. Knicks, 1997-1998 playoffs. Chants reverberating off the walls of the now defunct Market Square Arena. My throat being sore for a week because I was cheering loudly and wouldn't leave my seat to get a throat-soothing drink. And still thinking it was well worth it despite being seated in the top row of a corner.

Stoney Creek is located just...

by Tina_Squires

Stoney Creek is located just east of Noblesville on St. Rd. 38 and is a great place in the fall and winter. They have horse drawn sleigh rides in the winter (If there is snow) and a great pumpkin patch and festival in Oct.

A Chicago Style Walk-Up Establishment in Indie!

by deecat about Broad Ripple Steak House

Even though it took us forever to find the Broad Ripple Steak House (even though it was close to our Bed And Breakfast), we loved it.

This Chicago style walk-up establishment was worth any trouble what-so-ever. It's located in the heart of Broad Ripple Village, and the outside is deceiving because the inside was quite elegant. It has dark-wood furniture, white tablecloths and napkins and is known for its "melt-in-your-mouth" filets. I had one, and I certainly agree with their advertising.

There are two martini bars, and people say that the chocolate martini "rivals dessert anywhere". I discovered that there are three separate venues: the subdued steakhouse where Jill and I ate; an energetic bar, which we saw; and unknown to us, a secluded, after hours hang-out they call "Upper Room". Jill and I really enjoyed our meal; me, especially, since Jill was paying. She offered this kindness to repay me for all the research and planning that I did for our trip.

The menu has an array of appetizers such as Jumbo shrimp cocktail, Crab Cakes with Brandy-Pepper Sauce; Maine Lobster Bisque Bowl; chilled Smoked Duck Breast with Onion-Cherry Marmalade. The Sides include: Baked, horseradish mash, baked Sweet, Sweet Potato Puree, or Asiago potato stack; creamed spinach; sauteed mushrooms, fresh asparagus with hollandaise.

Jill had Garlic Parmesan Shrimp With Crab Cake Tower and Horseradish Potatoes which she raved about.

I had the Petite Filet (I'd hate to see how big the regular Filet is!) which was ever so tender and fabulous.

We both had salads that were wonderful.

I thought that I was in Chicago!

War Memorial Plaza

by rmdw

The five-block Indiana War Memorial Plaza features the 210-foot-high neoclassical Indiana World War Memorial Building, which was created after World War I.

On the upper level is the Shrine Room, a dark and solemn place surrounded by huge blood-red columns. In the center, a 17-by-30-foot American flag hangs over the Altar of Consecration. High above, light filters in through dark blue stained glass windows.

The museum on the lower level covers Hoosiers’ roles in all of America’s wars, up to and including the war on terror. Two new exhibits, a renovated Vietnam War section and a new Cold War exhibit, opened in May 2003.

The building is open Wednesday–Sunday from 9am - 6pm.

Eiteljorg Museum of American Indians & Western Art

by deecat

The Eiteljorg Museum, which has combined its collection with that of the Museum of Indian Heritage, focuses on the arts and crafts of North American Indians and on Western art and Sculpture. The collection is strong in the artwork of Taos, New Mexico. It covers the painters, particularly the Taos Ten artists who were active in the early 20th century.

Native American art and artifacts from all sections of the country are on display, along with the workds of Frederick Remington, Charles Russell, & Albert Bierstadt.

The last day of a special exhibition was there the day we went. It was Georgia O'Keeffe: Visions of the Sublime. There were almost 40 paintings of Georgia O'Keeffee who is famous for her study of flowers, bleached bones, and the southwestern desert. There were also photographs taken by her husband, the photographer Alfred Stieglitz.

Jill and I spent a good deal of time in the Georgia O'Keeffe exhibit, savoring each moment.

The design of this museum was supposedly inspired by the "land, people, and architecture of the American Southwest".

The photograph that I took is a bronze sculpture by George Carlson called, "The Greeting". This imposing statue is located in front of the museum and is a great salutation.

We parked underground, and it was free because we went to the museum and had proof.
The Museum has a wonderful store which we perused.
Museum & Store Hours:
Tours 1:00 p.m.
Tuesday-Saturday 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
Sunday noon- 5 p.m.