5820 South Franklin Street, Michigan City, Indiana, 46360, United States

Orbitz.com Booking.com Priceline.com

Satisfaction Poor

• Dirty

I was expecting a much better for the price. I had to search but by calling direct and using AAA discount was able to get it for $15 less than the web prices. Wish I hadn't. First thing I noticed was the carpet. It was grimly in the lobby, and even worse in my room. There were stains and big red blobs all over the carpet. I could only imagine what had gone on there. In any case, the sitting chair was old and worn, I guess meant to match the carpet. We went to the pool to use the Spa, but it wasn't working; it and the pool were clean. I called the lobby about the Spa not working, but it still was not fixed the next morning. The single ice cube machine dispensed about 5 cubes at-a-time, taking several minutes to fill the bucket. The AC kept the room cool, but when we turned it down, made funny sounds and smelled like it was burning. I wanted to plug in my phone charger, but there were no outlets by the bedside. We had to use the bathroom outlet to charge our devices. I took a shower, which actually was very nice, but it set off the smoke detector and I had to spend 5 minutes waving a towel to get it to stop beeping, I guess it's not hooked up to the lobby or FD because no-one came to check it out. To the good side, the continental breakfast was better than average with the standard bagel, cereal, fruit. And they had hard boiled eggs. Nice. Finally, a friendly suggestion to the manager that the carpets were really terrible, (I mean really, really terribly dirty) was met with an "I'll report it". In the end I would have been happy if the room had cost me half the price, the I'd suggest going to any one of the cheaper places that surround it.

Comments