Red Roof Inn Mishawaka - Notre Dame

Tags

Budget Travel Romantic Travel and Honeymoons Spa and Resort
See Amenities
Phlebas2's Profile Photo

All I was asking for.. maybe even a little more.

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on January 10, 2012

Stayed here on December 16th 2011. Got a "King" Jacuzzi room for $86.00 and change with my Red Roof Discount card, including tax. Best price I have seen in the area for a similar room.
Overall the room was as clean, and comfortable as the SB "Comfort Suites"
(If not more so). It was a little disconcerting that I had to go back to the desk and ask the attendant to "Turn the heat on.." As they have a "switch" at the front desk, perhaps to drive off unwated or annoying guests?
But she did so promptly, and she had my request from online for extra towels ready for me.

I never did get an answer as to why the microwave was missing from my room, it was advertised as having both a microwave and a minifridge.
But the one in the "breakfast room" was just around the corner, so I had no real major complaint.

Unique Quality: The Jacuzzi was very large, the refrigerator cold, the WIFI free, and the TV reception good, with plenty of channels to chose from. It was sort of like staying at a "Spa" or "Retreat" compared to previous motel and hotel stays in the area.
Sure the bath fan didnt work, but I've heard from other reviews they were extremely noisy anyway.
I liked the fact the room was large and extremely quiet. (Though after all there were only perhaps 8 cars in the parking lot overnight.)
They have a great area for hanging out meeting freinds, and relaxing off the lobby, also a nicely outfitted "breakfast room".
The continental breakfast was a little dull, but no more so than one would expect, sort of institutional. But they did offer some yummy prepackaged muffins and decent hot coffee.

Yes, the side door is unlocked, (which I found convenient) and that might scare some folks. Especially if you get a ground floor room like I did. But I saw ZERO sign of crime, everyone was friendly. That is the few persons I actually saw there.
Surprizingly for a hotel that excepts pets, I saw no sign or scent of it. Only another guests freindly dog at check out gave that fact away.

Tilted Kilt is directly across the street, so I didnt have to travel far for a bite to eat, using the 10% off discount ticket from the front desk.

I can't help but wonder why this property never seems to have many guests??? The parking lot has always been very empty when I've driven by.

I would have little hesitation staying here again.
Other than the missing microwave situation, I was very satisfied.

Nearby Red Roof Inn Mishawaka - Notre Dame

• Pets Allowed
  • Continental Breakfast
  • Free High Speed Internet

Mishawaka Travel Forum

Need advice about Mishawaka, Indiana? Visit the Travel Forum for Mishawaka and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Mishawaka hotel reviews