Abbey Inn

St. Rd. 46 West, Nashville, Indiana, 47448, United States

Satisfaction Average

More about Nashville

Main StreetMain Street

Deni and friendDeni and friend

Enjoying the dayEnjoying the day

Music on the patio Friday and Saturday nightsMusic on the patio Friday and Saturday nights

info on Brown County

by baron2

We're considering a stopover in Nashville and Brown County for a couple of days in late Aug. Never been there, but from I find on the web, seems to be some good live country music. I'd like to hear from someone that's been there. Nice place to visit? Is Brown a "dry" county? Best town nearby to stay in, Columbus? We're retired. Thanks.

by ChiOBambi

I've been to Brown County. Nice area to visit in the fall. We stayed at a local B&B right in downtown Nashville. I don't believe it's a dry county. I seem to remember purchasing a bottle or two of local wine. Pretty good. Not quite like Cali wine but not bad. Columbus is a nice place to visit as well. Interesting architecture in that town. Have a great time!

Bambi

by Espresso_girl

I was just in Nashville over Memorial Day weekend. The downtown area was more empty than I had expected. It looked like several of the shops and restaurants had gone out of business. Maybe they were just closed for the holiday or the low tourist season. Don't get me wrong, there were still quite a few country music themed places open, I'm just surprised that there weren't more. There is a nice free walking tour downtown marked in blue paint on the streets that takes you by the original Grand Old Opery and many other historic country music sights. Many of the sights on the tour have plaques that tell you the history.

We found that the most pleasant restaurants were in the area of town near Vanderbilt University. Our favorite was a microbrewery called the Blackstone Restaurant & Brewery Located at 1918 West End Avenue ((615) 327-9969). Prices were between 6.50 and 20.00 dollars.
It had great gourmet beer, stakes, pizzas, and pasta.

Nashville is about an hour's drive from a beautiful State Park called Fall Creek Falls. The park is on the edge of the plateau and contains lovely forests and a few breathtaking water falls! Fall Creek Falls is the highest waterfall east of the Rocky Mountains.You can drive up to the main falls over look. There is a modern hotel /resort in the middle of the park. Call (423) 881-5298 for more information.

by ChiOBambi

Hi, Jeanne.

I just read your response. I believe the question posed relates to Nashville, Indiana (hence Brown County and Columbus, Indiana) and not Nashville, Tennessee.

Bambi

by Espresso_girl

Ooops! I read nashville and country music in the same post and thought of Tennessee! Sorry

by djramey

If you want my honest suggestion, I lived for four years in Bloomington where Indiana University is located. I would stay there. The drive to Nashville from Bloomington is not longer than 15 minutes (shorter than the drive from Columbus.) Plenty of places to stay in Bloomington Hotel wise, and its named the most beautiful college campus in the USA.

by aquaspud

Nashville is like a little glatlinburg tn. The little opry has some good shows so they will be hit or miss on the quality of entertainment but usually they have good acts. Several wineries nearby and stores intown where you can purchase the local wines.IF you have time drive to mitchell In. about 45 min. away and visit Spring Mill state park. There you will find an 1800's working village and also the Gus Grissom space memorial. Mitchell is where is was from. Well worth the visit. Hotels are in Columbus Bloomington as well as Nashville. The Abe Martain lodge at Brown co. state park is a very nice place to stay! If you have any question email me as I live one hour away from here.

Travel Tips for Nashville

Nashville Tip

by gkitzmil

Little Nashville an international hotbed?
> Last night I had a great experience in Nashville. You can see on this page that my wife and I like to stop for food and beer. We hear people coming in speaking German. Since we've lived in Germany we eventually introduce ourselves to two of them.
They are in this town by invitation of the German American Club. They had put on a dance exhibition the night before as they are members of the German Volkstanzgruppe -- Dance Club. We sat and talked (in German) for hours! Even in little Nashville (only 3 stoplights in the whole town) we could have an international experience!!

Bean Blossom Covered Bridge

by Toughluck

Located about 20 miles north of Nashville, the Bean Blossom Covered Bridge is on the 'old main' road between Bean Blossom and Nashville. Entering Bean Blossom from the south, it will be the 1st left and that's a left-backward turn of about 130 degrees. [45 degrees is left but just off the straight line. 90 degrees is left at a right angle. 135 degrees is left and nearly turn around to return the way you came.] You can try to get the turn off before entering the Bean Blossom Creek valley (for which the bridge and the town are named). It's more difficult to locate as it's the last left turn -- before you start down hill -- to the creek. Now, how you tell it's the last turn?? I don't know. So -- unless you've been there before, head into Bean Blossom and get the road back. I missed it the 1st time, but towns small and easy to find a place to turn around.

Basaic Nashville Page

by Basaic

Nashville is the county seat of Brown County and has a population of about 1000. It is a very artistic and rustic small town with a very nice comfortable atmosphere. I have a number of relatives here.

Nashville, Indiana

by barobins

"My First Visit"

My first visit to this area hopefully won't be my last. A bit back-woodsy but a truly nice area made better by one old friend and several new ones. Yanks are nice people once you get to know them. And some of them make it easy. Rhonda & Dan are at the top of the list of nice people.

The "other" Nashville

by phildeni

"Tour of Nashville"

We took a tour of the town and surrounding area on this little "train" with Engineer Bill at the throttle. It was quite enlightening and well worth the $4.00 each.

"Everyone is friendly in Nashville"

"Quaint town"

Nashville has plenty to do, and shops after shops. We went to the Brown County Theatre and saw a great play with local actors. There is the "Little Opry" in Nashville too..they get all the top names in country music to come there all year round.

Comments