52939 US 933 North, South Bend, Indiana, 46637, United States

Orbitz.com Comfort Suites Priceline.com

Satisfaction Average

• Phlebas2's Profile Photo

ITs a Comfort Suite .. thats about all.

Its the typical somewhat upscale SB digs. Ive been in an out of the place for conventions and shows before and I can't say I was overly impressed.
    But then I got the chance to spend sometime kicking back and visiting with a friend who was in town for a trade show and was staying there.

My major complaint was that for a non smoking hotel, it smelled like a bus station.
    Im a smoker so if I can smell it, its bad.

Unique Quality: Well, I wasnt too impresed for the 100 bucks he was shelling out a night.
    The pool , spa and such, were so so.. ( interior pools are nice, but this one is sort of clostrophobic with its fish bowl view of the busy lobby.
    Im also not real big on KIDS running loose, so maybe that is part of the explaination for the sloppiness and litter in the pool area.
    The hot tub.. not too clean ..but when you let children run amok, I guess thats to be expected.
    So hard to get away from the little buggers in even what Id conscider a "business class hotel"

My other major dissapointment was the lack of ammenities on and close to the site.
    Unless you are a Snake and Shake and Satrbucks fan, you have to take a hike to get food, and even the brave might resist the urge to hike across 933 to "Brigid's Pub" at The Waterford, no matter how much you want a drink.

I would have expected to be able to conveniently walk to a decent place with beer, real food, etc, without hiking across the hi way or taking a drive.

Glad I wasnt spending a weekend.

And worse yet, for those of us who remember a "gentler day gone by" on 933 is the sad memory of not only what sat on the corner where the Snake and Shake and the Starbucks sit ( Used to be a walled garden and lagoon style pond with beuatiful landscaping and a wild bird scantuary), is the fact that the Comfort Inn replaced a classic 1959 Howard Johnson's .. See the picss and tell me which you like better.
    SIGH.. THIS was the site of the REAL HO JO's .. not the psuedo HO JO's in Roseland..
    Yeah, its a pretty nice place I guess, but for the money Id go for 2 nights at Knights Inn...

Directions: At the corner of 933 and Cleveland. Behind the Snake and Shake and Starbucks

• Buyer Beware

We had a great stay. The hotel staff was friendly. The pool and whirlpool were great. It is really a shame I used a credit card for this stay. Our room was supposed to be 92.57. Our credit card was charged a whopping 192.57. I called the hotel this evening and asked why the charges to our credit card. We were told it was for damages to the room. There were not any damages to the room. We even picked up the towels and put them in piles and tried to pick up some of the mess the grandkids had made. The only thing I could figure was maybe the sofa bed. This bed was extremely hard to pull out and we did not even attempt to put the bed back in because when it was pulled out it pinched my grandsons arm. I am to talk to the manager tomorrow in the A.M. Being falsely accused and charged has ruined what would have been a great stay.

Directions: Roseland right off of the Indiana toll road exit 77

• my2kids's Profile Photo

Wonderful place to stay -

When traveingl on medical trips from ND to NYC. The Comfort Suites, South Bend always ends up being a nice in between place to rest for the night.

We generally stay in a 2 Double Bed Suite - with Partial room Divider/ 2 person sofabed.

The room also has a microwave, fridge, and ceiling fans. It's set up to have a living room area complete with sofa/chair/ and coffe table.

A eating area - table with two chairs, mini fridge and microwave. Then sleeping area and bathroom - lots of room.

Unique Quality: This hotel is quite lovely by our standards.

The water in the pool is always nice and warm. Steps to go into pool - Hot tub to soak your troubles away - And the rooms are so BIG and comfortable for our family of 4 plus 1 grandma.

We have stayed here aleast four times on our travels and will probably stay here again. Wonderful place to stay.

Very close to the South Bend Zoo - and Notre Dame.

Comments