401 East Margaret Ave, Terre Haute, Indiana, 47802, United States

Orbitz.com Priceline.com Expedia.com

Satisfaction Terrible

• Never again.

We arrived at this place bone tired. The desk clerk was a nice enough young man who was more than willing to help. I wondered why however he seemed to be apologizing for the room price.

When we got to room 621, I understood fully! The heat / AC unit was about to fall of the wall. The carpets were filthy, there was still a used wash cloth in the bathroom. Further investigation revealed dog hairs on the bed covers. OK, we were tired and a bit grouchy. But as everything else in town was full we had no other choice. We turned the heater on medium & fell asleep. At two oclock AM we both woke in a sweat. Our room was a sauna!! The heat control was operating on high. With sweat pouring in rivelets I attempted to turn off the heat, only to have the heater casing fall the rest of the way off of the wall. I threw open the door to let the heat escape while still in my PJ's. Nice secure feeling there! No answer at the front desk.

The morning finally arrived, minimul rest in a freezing room with peeling wall paper, cardboard furniture that I feared to sit on, and a rock slab for bed. My wife & I retrieved the comment card which when read will most likeley burn someones hands, as would the note I left on the bill. I am calling the bank Monday to stop payment.

AVOID AT ALL COST!

Unique Quality: Should be leveled in favor of a parking lot.

• BilliamBozo's Profile Photo
    Oct 17, 2013 at 4:22 AM

The second worse motel experience of my life. Absolutely appalling room condition- one of the drop ceiling tiles was laying on the clothes rack, the floor covered with insulation etc., the bath tub was absolutely filthy (black filth spots all over the bottom of the tub) and the faucets and shower head were loose and filthy/moldy, bathroom floor tile was broken/cracked with black mold on the grout, the door jam was broken where the door had been kicked in (and bent), the floor looked like it hadn't been vacuumed in a year, "no smoking" room REEKED of smoke, the parking lot was COVERED in cigarette butts. The Terre Haute Econo Lodge (jacked up to $100/night for the Covered Bridge Festival) should be avoided at all costs. I would have given NO STARS, but the site wouldn't let me. APPALLING is all I can say!