Terre Haute Travelodge

530 S. Third Street, Hwy 41 & Wilson, Terre Haute, Indiana, 47807, United States
Travelodge Terre Haute
Orbitz.com Travelocity Priceline.com

Satisfaction Poor

More about Terre Haute

One of many St Pat's days at Sonka PubOne of many St Pat's days at Sonka Pub

Don't get it on your dressDon't get it on your dress

Bed and BreakfastBed and Breakfast

Travel Tips for Terre Haute

Golf

by Orange_traveller

There are about 7 golf courses in Terre Haute. 3 of them are public golf courses namely four seasons golf complex, Idle Creek Golf Course, Marks Par 3 Golf Course. ISU also has a public golf course.

Larry Legend

by where2next

The inside of Larry's restaurant was very cool as the walls were covered with memorabilia spanning his entire career. Also, there was a small basketball court area, about the size of a free throw lane, where one could shoot hoops.

Mushroom Hunting 101

by JanaBanana

"What am I looking for?"

Mushroom-Hunting is something people in this area have done every spring for as long as anyone can remember

Well, this weekend I finally got a good chance to go mushroom hunting. So how did I do it? Well....

"Flowers along the way"

I drove out to the middle of nowhere (random roads) and looked for an interesting section of woods, without any "No Trespassing" signs. Now, in the days where I knew people locally, we'd always call and ask permission to hunt on their land. But those people are about an hour and a half away, and about half of them have passed away now.

So I got out of my car, carrying my camera and a wal-mart sack in my pocket.

I walked through the woods... snapping pics of assorted wildflowers along the way.

"Mayapples"

I snapped pics here and there, looking all the while for mushrooms. But the area looked like lots of people had been there searching before I had, so I didn't really have much hope. But as I was walking, I noticed something in the distance:

Mayapples! Mayapples are some neat little plants that come up at the same time as mushrooms each year.

"Closer"

I remembered that we always seemed to find mushrooms in the areas where mayapples grew, so I drew closer... and closer...

"Do you see what I see?"

And do you see what I saw??? Here, look just a little closer!

"Found one!"

What's peeking up from beneath those mayapples?

Mushrooms!

"A Tasty Snack"

So what did I do with these wonderful creations, you might ask. Well, I picked all 11 of the mushrooms (leaving the roots in the ground so they'll come back next year) and put them in my little sack.

When I got home, I rinsed them really well, and cut them in half. I rinsed them out again, and put them in a bowl of salt water to soak (kinda like how you do fresh brocolli from the garden... and for the same reasons LOL)

Sunday after church I RUSHED home, threw on old clothes (I was wearing black, which you'll see was a problem in just a sec) and got the bowl of mushrooms out of the fridge. Took them out of the water, and put them in a bowl of flour (see now why black clothes were bad? LOL) I made sure they were lightly coated in the flour, and then put them in a skillet of oil. I made sure they were crispy on the first side, then turned them... used a fork to take them out when they were done, and I put them on a plate with paper towels (to drain the excess grease).

"The End"