West Baden Springs Hotels

Our Members Say

• schubeo profile photo schubeo
  • Reviews: 1

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

West Baden Hotel: French Lick

My husband and I stayed at the beautiful West Baden Hotel for two nights over a weekend this summer and had a wonderful time bike riding, swimming and gambling. I called ahead to make sure the restaurant had vegan choices on the menu because my husband is vegan. The hostess e-mailed me menus from each restaurant in both the West Baden Hotel, and the French Lick Hotel. We enjoyed delicious meals all weekend but we especially liked the gourmet meals served at the 1875 Steakhouse. We enjoyed massages and mineral baths at the spa and our room had a beautiful view and a very comfortable king sized bed. Although the rooms and spa services were a bit expensive, we had a wonderful time. Information from the website: Located at French Lick Resort, enjoy this extraordinary National Historic Landmark Hotel built in 1902 with a one-of-a-kind domed atrium spanning 200 feet and often called the "Eighth Wonder of the World." Rooms rise six tiers around the dome and balcony rooms provide a panoramic view of the atrium. Restaurants, shopping, pools, golf, stables and full service spa. The hotel has been recognized on the exclusive Conde Nast Traveler's Gold List four consecutive years.

Hotel restaurants were very accommodating to my husband's special diet but there wasn't much for him to eat in town. We had a wonderful time tasting wine at the winery.

• Opinion of Price: most expensive
  • Related to: Historical Travel, Food and Dining, Spa and Resort
  • Written August 5, 2013

• Dabs profile photo Dabs
  • Reviews: 4102

French Lick Springs & West Baden Springs Hotels: Two resorts

There are now two grand options to stay at in the area, the West Baden Springs Hotel reopened in May 2007 with 246 rooms. Rooms are not cheap, I guess they have to pay for that renovation somehow, I think it would be a really cool place to stay for a night or two. They opened a spa in the natatorium, recreated from the original 1902 design and there are pools and a fitness center .

Right down the street in nearby French Lick, you can also find lodging at the 443 room French Lick Springs Hotel which is slightly more affordable.

• Opinion of Price: N/A