Exit 225, I-80 Amana Colonies, 2211 U Ave, Amana, Iowa, 52361, United States

Orbitz.com Priceline.com Expedia.com

Satisfaction Terrible

• Awful place! Stay away!

Do not go to this place!! A week ago we were there and became violently ill within hours of being there! There are reports of people getting sick from that pool all over the state now. We found out from the health dept that we were swimming in a cesspool with no chlorine in it. The health dept comfirmed that we all have norovirus! They also confirmed that the pool sat without chlorine in it for at least 8 days. The worst part is that it is a sewer that is full of illness and it is still up and running. They need to close down and drain that filthy pool! The health dept is investigating. It is awful!! The hotel is taking no responsibility. Stay away!!!

• Worst water park--EVER!!

The water park at this Clarion Hotel is a joke. We used to come here all the time--but this is our last visit. And we will never stay in a Clarion Hotel again as a result. The water in the pool was so cold the kids' lips were BLUE. The hot tub was FREEZING. They closed the water slides because of ICE CRYSTAL formation in the tubes (no joke!). The sauna worked after the 3rd reset I believe. The vortex pool was broken. Seeing a pattern here? Everything was in disrepair. I've never seen anything like it. And to say that the water is just cold in the winter is a lie. We usually go in the winter and have NEVER experienced anything like this. The desk clerk walked away when I tried to talk to him about it. The hotel manager ducked me for a month when I tried to address it with her. The Choice Hotels Customer Support promised me satisfaction. THEN the hotel manager at Clarion finally claimed to send me a letter of apology in the mail with replacement water park passes--THEY NEVER, EVER CAME!! When I called back the customer support number (as they'd asked me to do if the hotel manager didn't make it right), they were rude and dismissive at the customer support line. In short--6 people at $18 a pop were horribly disappointed and were scorned not once by Choice/Clarion hotels, but TWICE!! NEVER AGAIN!!!!

Unique Quality: It sucks. Nothing great about it. It was rinky dink to begin with--now it's rinky dink and unsafe. SO cold our teeth were all chattering. Our lips were BLUE. Don't waste your money!!

Directions: Amana, IA