Hampton Inn & Suites Ankeny

Terrible (1.0 out of 5.0) 1 review
TripAdvisor Traveler Rating
Based on 173 reviews
Expedia.com Booking.com

Be Careful, poor service/bait and switch

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 11, 2012

Be careful, this hotel may change your rates without letting you know. I booked 5 rooms at this hotel several months ago for a family reunion. A couple of days before the reunion, I called the hotel and asked the front desk clerk to change the departure date for one of the rooms to leave one day early. The clerk said nothing about about changing my room rates. When I received the change confirmation via e-mail, the hotel upped my room rate from $149 per night to $189 per night. I called the hotel and asked the hotel to honor my original rate. The hotel clerk told me that only the manager could do it and promised to have the manager call me. I received no call so we decided to switch to another hotel.

In general, this hotel is expensive considering the location...right next to a noisy Interstate. There are several other hotels in the area such at the Holiday Inn Express that are comparable in quality and at lower rates.

Directions: The hotel is right next to noisy Interstate 35.

Nearby Hampton Inn & Suites Ankeny

• Business Services
  • Continental Breakfast
  • Free High Speed Internet

Ankeny Travel Forum

Need advice about Ankeny, Iowa? Visit the Travel Forum for Ankeny and ask our Answer Gurus.

Ankeny Travel Guide