Clarion Hotel and Convention Center Cedar Rapids

See Amenities

Great Iowa Hotel

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 1, 2006

I had been to this hotel several years ago when it was a Sheraton Hotel. It was great then. I wasn't sure what to expect before I walked in, because it is now a Clarion Hotel. I was impressed with what I saw. The lobby had been completely remodeled, was very modern, bright and welcoming.

It is an older establishment, but it is as clean as it was the day it opened, I'm sure. The housekeeping staff is obviously meticulous. The front desk staff was very accommodating and friendly.

I also enjoyed their new sports bar...a great place to grab a drink and watch the game with other hotel guests and local people.

A+++

Phenomenal Staff!

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 1, 2006

Several hotels have a great staff, but the employees at the Clarion Hotel in Cedar Rapids, Iowa went above and beyond the call of duty! In addition to being very welcoming and friendly, the front desk staff has the honesty of a saint!

Upon checkout I paid cash. I had several $100 bills in an envelope. I paid my bill and accidentally left the envelope on the front desk when I departed! Too much luggage and thinking about a presentation I had to give that afternoon...I managed to forget the envelope.

The hotel did not have my phone number, but they knew which company I was in town to work with. They quickly called the company, let them know I had left $300 in cash at the front desk, and they arranged to get my money back to me very quickly. PHENOMENAL!

An amazing staff....and the property is great, too!

Nearby Clarion Hotel and Convention Center Cedar Rapids

• Free High Speed Internet
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Cedar Rapids Travel Forum

Need advice about Cedar Rapids, Iowa? Visit the Travel Forum for Cedar Rapids and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Cedar Rapids hotel reviews