Quality Hotel and Suites Cedar Rapids

2025 Werner Avenue NE, (formerly Ramada Limited), Cedar Rapids, Iowa, 52402, United States
Collins Inn & Suites Cedar Rapids

African American MuseumAfrican American Museum

Travel Tips for Cedar Rapids

Holly cow what a town.

by SmokeEater

"You should go to the Dragon."

All week out there in Cedar Crapids I mean Rapids (Just kidding Kim, Aleta, Sam and David and the rest of you at HUPP) we were looking for the place to be. We went to the Chophouse and ate at the bar and were entertained the first night with the cute bartender and the hot 40 year old college student from Chicago.
Great conversation but the rest of the week was a drag until thursday night. All week long the students in my class kept joking about going to the Dragon. Thats the local alternative lifestyle club. We kept saying that that was okay we would take a pass on that one.
However as fate would have it we were leaving the pub across the street and heading for the Taste of Ireland Pub next to the Dragon when a bunch of women came out of the Pub and were joking about blackmail photos so I went over to give them even juicier photos.
They drag myself and three of my students next store to you guessed it the Dragon. We had the best time there. It was great the crowd was a mix between straight and alternate lifestyles.
The women were a great bunch that was out there for a conference and they deal with childern and my experience people who work with kids party the hardest and this group didn't disappoint. By the way ladies if you are reading this can I have my Firefighter ID back please.

"The Chrome Horse"

This was a great bar that Kim and Aleta took me and Doug to that was a great little biker bar. The Ass Burner Pizza was awesome. I strong recommend it if you like spicy food.

"The have Sushi in Iowa and no good sport bars."

We ate PEI Chans on 33rd just down from the Holiday Inn Express. We ate at the Hibchi Table and snacked on Sushi and it was good. Totally a suprise considering that we were in Iowa.
This made up for the first night out there when we had dinner at the sports bar in the Clarion Inn on 33rd. Oh my good what a mistake. I bit into the wings and then bleed more than a steak. The fish sandwich was a screwed up and I was sick all night and into the next day.

Comments