Best Western Cantebury Inn & Suites

Terrible (1.0 out of 5.0) 1 review
TripAdvisor Traveler Rating
Based on 230 reviews
Expedia.com Booking.com

If I could rate a zero....

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 18, 2015

My family and I are big fans of the Best Western hotels, This is the absolute worst hotel I have ever stayed at.

First thing I thought when I walked in was what a hot mess. Not very clean lobby.

I had booked a handicapped room for my son in a wheelchair. It didn't show up on the reservation, so I had to beg for one. I got the keys and went to unlock the room and the key wouldn't work. So I went back to the desk and got a new key. Well, it went down from there.

A handicapped room is supposed to be accessible for people in wheelchairs. I could barely get my son's wheelchair in the door. The room smelled so bad, like cigarette smoke and mold. The only thing accessible about the room was the bathroom. I could barely get my son by the bed! Needless to say, I went to the desk AGAIN and demanded a new room. There were 2 gentlemen in front of me complaining about the smells and the dripping water by their room.
I felt bad for the kid working, it wasn't his fault the hotel is a s***hole. He was nice and was able to get me a new room, which was quite a bit bigger and right next to the door to outside. He also didn't charge me extra.

This room was better, but the bathroom was ridiculous. If you were sitting on the toilet, you could not open or shut the door. The shower was also tiny. I had plenty of room to put all of my son's equipment, which was great, since he has a ton of it. It was fairly clean, and housekeeping was cleaning the room every day.

Another con: the pool. Even after pool hours, I could hear partying and whatnot. That was very annoying, especially with my son having to get up and go to the hospital early every day. People stomping all over, etc... Soundproofing needs to be updated.

There were no handicapped parking spaces. None. Luckily, I had a room towards the back of the hotel so I didn't have to fight for parking too much. The door to inside was very heavy and would shut quickly on me. Trying to get my son's chair in and out was almost impossible.

Oh, and NO ELEVATORS! I was really looking forward to eating in the restaurant, but had no way to get down there. It's a good thing we didn't have a room upstairs or I would have called the manager and he/she could have carried my things upstairs.

I will never stay here again. Was expecting a much better hotel since it was a Best Western. I would have left after the first night, but I couldn't afford another hotel and I was using free nights. What a waste of my free nights. This hotel needs to come to the 21st century and make it handicapped accessible, especially because of the close proximity to the hospital.

Nearby Best Western Cantebury Inn & Suites

• Continental Breakfast
  • Shuttle Service
  • Free High Speed Internet

Coralville Travel Forum

Need advice about Coralville, Iowa? Visit the Travel Forum for Coralville and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Coralville hotel reviews