Fairfield Inn & Suites Des Moines Airport

riorich55's Profile Photo

New Hotel Right By Airport

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on November 21, 2009

I have been to Des Moines several times for business over the past few years. The distance from Chicago is about 300 miles or about a 5 hour car ride. This time I was flying in from Fargo, North Dakota and so driving was not at option. Therefore, since my plane was arriving at about 9:30 p.m. that night I didn't want to have to travel very far for a hotel. I was pleased to see that there was a brand new Fairfield Inn and Suites right at the edge of the airport property and since I am a Marriott member was able to get points for this stay as well.

Arriving by 10:00 p.m. in a rental car, I put about 1.3 miles on the car from the airport. The hotel has a free airport shuttle, but since I needed a car the next morning I did not take the shuttle.

Unique Quality: The rooms are nicely equipped as you would expect any new hotel especially near an airport. The room had a 32" high definition TV, desk area and typical ammenities.

Upon check in I received a free drink coupon for Johnny's Italian Steak House next door which I promptly said thanks, but no thanks as I don't need to have a drink after a flight or just before bed. But if I was thirsty or hungry I could have walked next door or even had room service from Johnny's

Didn't stay long enough to try out the pool or exercise facilities on site.

I did have the complimentary breakfast the next morning. Nice Breakfast Bar area and items such as breakfast sandwiches, belgium waffles, cold or hot cereal, yoghurt, coffee, juices, etc. are available.

Directions: At the edge of the Des Moines area airport

Nearby Fairfield Inn & Suites Des Moines Airport

Fairfield Inn & Suites Des Moines Airport

• Fairfield Inn Des Moines
  • Fairfield Inn And Suites Des Moines Airport
  • Fairfield Inn & Suites Des Moines Airport Hotel Des Moines

Address: 6880 Fleur Dr, Des Moines Airport, Des Moines, Iowa, 50321, United States

2 Photos of Fairfield Inn & Suites Des Moines Airport

• Continental Breakfast
  • Shuttle Service
  • Free High Speed Internet

Des Moines Travel Forum

Need advice about Des Moines, Iowa? Visit the Travel Forum for Des Moines and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Des Moines hotel reviews