Super 8 Dyersville

Field of Dreams Field and HouseField of Dreams Field and House

Travel Tips for Dyersville

Dyersville - Field of Dreams movie site

by SnoopySue

"If you build it they will come"

Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. A place of fertile soil, traditional values and simple pleasure. And in Dyersville, Iowa, at the 91-year-old Lansing family farm with its quaint, and oh so recognizable house, baseball still ranks as a favorite pastime for all ages. What better place to carve a baseball diamond from a corn field and to make a movie about pursuing one's dream, no matter how much effort it takes?

This is the place where movie “Field of Dreams” was released in 1989. This was one of my favorite movies so I’ve decided to drive there from city of Chicago and I wasn’t disappointed. Although the whether was hot I enjoyed walking around famous movie site.

Interesting thing is that in year I’ve visited the site, CWS won the title. So if you believe in dreams everything is possible. Go there, go the distance…

Field of Dreams continued....

by happyhourkid

Notice the gap in the corn. There is a path which allows you to walk into the corn, where the ghosts come from. (The American flag wasn't in the movie. It was added later to help honor baseball as America's pasttime.)

You all know me, and how much of a smart ass I can be. But believe me when I say, I am so thankful for my visit to this wonderful place and I plan on going back again and again and again. It's amazing to not only visit, but to actually play ball in such a wonderful place. Please visit. It's only 20 miles from Dubuque and only 200 miles from Chicago!!! You won't be dissatisfied.

Comments