Golden Haug Bed and Breakfast

517 East Washington Street, Iowa City, Iowa, 52240, United States

More about Golden Haug Bed and Breakfast

Great Beds, Great Breakfast!

by TripAdvisor Member ditkanate

We have stayed at this B & B many times over the years and have not had a bad experience once. Within walking distance of some great restaurants, the rooms are terrific, and the breakfast is friendly and amazing. Highly recommend!

Loved it!

by TripAdvisor Member bjhsc

Our first stay in a bed and breakfast establishment was wonderful. We received personal attention, ex: my husband is a vegan and our host provided a breakfast that satified his preferences and took time to do on-line research for restaurant options in our next destination city. There was a great vegan restaurant next door. My breakfast was excellent too. Nice little touches in the room made it very homey and welcoming.

Strong Recommendation for the Golden Haug!

by TripAdvisor Member PauliePencils

The hosts were friendly and accommodating, the house was beautiful, the room was incredible, and the breakfast - wow! We really couldn't have been happier - this is a place you'll be glad you stayed!

Beautiful room & great breakfast

by TripAdvisor Member lou333iowa

We stayed in the room called "Where Time Stops." I kept walking around discovering new and beautiful decorations to look at. Nila decorated very tastefully yet there was still so many neat things to look at. The breakfast was also delicious with good service.

Gorgeous rooms at the Inn

by TripAdvisor Member dieng

We were more than pleasantly surprised at how beautiful the rooms were in the Inn. They are much more spacious than the pictures indicate. We would classify the Inn to be more of a boutique hotel; it was very lush and the decor was gorgeous. We toured the B&B after breakfast one day and the rooms were also spacious, clean, and fun. Both the Inn and the B&B are within easy walking distance of every fun hot spot in Iowa City. Breakfast was also excellent and the owners were very hospitable.

Loveliest Experience Through and Through

by TripAdvisor Member pekkybrown

My husband and I stayed in the Romance Extraordinary suite at the Golden Haug for a sort of honeymoon get-away (since we have not had one yet, we plan on taking several small honeymoons) and had the most amazing time. The suite is lovely to say the least and we both felt at home among the fireplace and dark purple and red of the rooms. The bed was almost more confortable than our own and the room was quiet and had a relaxing energy - we wish we could have stayed longer.
I skipped breakfast, but my husband was ecstatic about the wonderful organic quiche, pancakes and fruit bowl that he ate.
We absolutely loved our stay at the Golden Haug and would recommend it to anyone - AND we will be going back the next time we visit my brother in Iowa City.

Piggy Paradise

by TripAdvisor Member mogiep

Our room was comfortable and cozy. Our hosts, Nila and Denny were very gracious. The Breakfast we were served was very delicious and filling. Our daughter is graduating this year from University of Iowa. Wish we would have discover The Golden Haug four years ago!

Golden Haug

by TripAdvisor Member pezBoise

This bed and breakfast in Iowa City is the best. The location is wonderful, the breakfasts are great and the host is very kind and welcoming. I wouldn't stay any where else while staying in Iowa City especially if I'm there for activities involving the university.

Wonderful B & B!

by TripAdvisor Member Guest50

Great location, beautifully appointed and maintained Arts and Crafts home. Rooms are uniquely decorated, clean, bright, cheerful. Workmanship throughout and all materials, including linens, are of very good quality. Food was great!

Comments