2216 N Dodge St, Iowa City, Iowa, 52245-9593, United States

Orbitz.com Travelodge.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Terrible

• Thoroughly Disgusting..!

I'm fairly laid back and easy to satisfy, but this place was disgusting. The rooms and the hallways at the Travelodge in Iowa City literally stink. The matresses, upholstered furniture, draperies and carpet were stained with huge yellow/brown streaks, even the wall paper was stained. The door handle and lock assembly to the balcony were busted. The railing on our second floor balcony was broken, even missing a few slats. The bathroom was even nastier, use your imagination, yes that bad. Couldn't stomach using the shower. This will go into the record books as one of the worst, ..I have proof in pictures! The cleaning staff of middle eastern origin do not speak English. I immediately returned to the front desk to ask for a refund which I was denied. When I asked to be moved to another room, I was told there weren't any singles available and there would be an additional charge to move me to a double. After pleading my case to the clerk, I was told that their cleaning staff is underpaid and have become rebelious. I was told the General Manager, Joey Sable, would call me about my concerns. 2 weeks have passed, I have not yet received a phone call from Mr. Sable. Although, I did receive a free night voucher that went straight in the trash. What a joke!

Directions: Of Middle Eastern Discent