Baymont Inn and Suites Waterloo

Motel 6 Crossroads Mall-Waterloo-Cedar Falls
Orbitz.com Booking.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Poor

• Pick Another Hotel

We stayed at this Baymont Suites in Waterloo, Iowa for 2 nights, and asked them to provide hot water, a clean room, a phone that worked, and a cold refrigerator. Not too much to ask, but apparently these things were too much for them to provide. This place is HORRENDOUS! The first night I checked in with my infant, I noticed that things were not clean and there was not any hot water, but it was too late in the evening to address. Therefore, I addressed them the next day. I was informed by the front desk staff (Jeff Whitaker) that the issues would be addressed. He tried to tell me that the hot water heater goes into a sleep mode, but this was not acceptable. He stated that he would write a note for maintenance and housekeeping, and that everything would be taken care of. He mentioned also that it was due to remodeling, and that they were very busy. Once again, excuses which are not acceptable. The next day when I returned in the early afternoon, I complained to another front desk employee, and she apologized, stating that she would have the manager contact me the next day about resolution, and that the things would be addressed. Jeff came in later in the evening, and he came down to the room to clean the sink and counter. The housecleaning staff had never cleaned it. They had not even taken out the trash, which had dirty diapers in it. He sincerely apologized, and appreciated me being so polite about the issues. I never received a call the next day from management, so when I returned that evening on the 3rd day, I went and spoke with Jeff again. He was shocked, because I had him come to my room to see the pee stains around the toilet, the pubic hairs around the toilet, the soap scum and residue in the tub/shower, the bare wires on the phone ( which did not work), the lack of hot water still (could not wash my baby’s bottles, nor give him a warm bath), the refrigerator that did not get cold (Jeff told me that it also goes into a sleep mode until you put something in it), the floor that had not been vacuumed. He was appalled, and understood my frustration and thanked me for being so polite about all of this until now. I stated that I was being polite before, because I had not been around that much, but now I am lividly p’d off. I told him that I wanted to speak to the owner now, and he said he would go call. He returned to my room to tell me that the manager was going to call me in the morning. I told him that was not acceptable, and that he needed to call him back, and tell him that I wanted to speak to him that night. I went down to the desk after a few minutes, where I encountered Jeff speaking with his boss. I was furious. I said if he has time to speak with you, then he has time to speak with me. Tell him I am right here at the counter and I want to speak with him now. Jeff said to his boss that I was standing there hearing them talk about me and handed me the phone. The General Manager told me his name was RJ. I asked him what his last name was, and he told me that it was on his business card, and that I should grab one. I then again asked him to provide me with his last name, but he directed me again to his business card (Rajnesh Pillay). He then stated that he had been informed about my room, and that his head of housekeeping had been in there earlier to clean the room herself, so there is not a problem. I told him he was wrong, because the problems are still present, and that he should likely get a new head of housekeeping. He became very rude, and never once offered to transfer me and my baby boy, but rather stated the following: “I do not believe that my hotel accommodations are going to be suitable, so you should take your baby and leave.” I was thrown back and asked to speak with his boss (likely the owner), and he informed me that he is also the owner. Jeff was very apologetic for the way his boss had treated me and my son, and informed me that he was new (only been there three weeks). He was not familiar with the on goings of the hotel and his boss’s lack of professionalism. He apologized again, and then gave me his ‘call around sheet’, which had hotels in the area, which he calls on daily for their rates, etc. He also told me that I should beware of the Holiday Inn Express next door, because RJ is also the manager there as well. I was finally able to connect and arrange stay at the Candlewood Suites across the street, and they are TERRIFIC! I then had to pack up all of our things and my 6 month baby boy, and move us over across the street in the freezing rain at 11pm.

• mikehanneman's Profile Photo

Average Hotel with a good location

I haven't stayed here but a lot of business people I have worked with recently have.

Their opinion is the hotel wasn't as nice as similar Holiday Inn Express' they have stayed at.

Inside the lobby looked a little bit old and needed updating. My friends indicated the same could be said for the rooms.

Unique Quality: Close to Crossroads Mall and the soon to open (Spring 2007) Isle Of Capri Casino.

Directions: Off 218 South - San Marna exit - head South on LaPorte Rd