The Sun Dome Hutchinson

Tags

Family Travel
See Amenities

The Dump Dome

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 16, 2009

I booked a room with 2 queen beds. Upon arival I was given a room with one 1 bed that was not a queen. I went down to the front desk and explained it to the clerk, (who was very nice) that this was NOT the correct room and that it had no phone,and no curtains on the window, (just paper taped to it) After much uncertainty, she was able to change our room, informing us that there would be A/C that would not work too well and possibly a fan in the room to help curculate air.

I was quoted a rate of $ 79.00 a night + tax for a 2 bed qeen room. When the desk clerk made the change of rooms for me, I was told and signed for a rate of $39.95 per night, which I was happy with. At check-out the manager "Sam" did a very sneaky switch with the bill and tried to charge me $91.00 per night + tax. Additionally, he tried to hide the $39.95 rate bill I had singed. Thankfully, after much arguement, I was able to get it from him. This individual, (Sam / manager), was VERY disrespecful, errogant and did just not care about patrons. Simply put, he was not a nice person nor was the hotel he is operating!!!.

Additionally, all the exterior doors were unlocked, the wall paper was falling off the walls. the Ice michanes had black slime on them..YUCK! the complementary shampoo was half full and we had coffee with NO coffee maker, shingles were flying off the roof through the parking lot when I left in the morning and on, and on, and on... The hotel specs stated that each room came equipped with refrigeratprs and coffe makers...they must have been hidden under the bed or something, because I certainly did not see them.

The Dump Dome

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 16, 2009

Nearby The Sun Dome Hutchinson

The Sun Dome Hutchinson

• Best Western Hutchinson
  • Sun Dome Hutchinson

Address: 11 Des Moines, (formerly Best Western Sun Dome), Hutchinson, Kansas, 67505, United States

Amenities at The Sun Dome Hutchinson

• Suites
  • Continental Breakfast
  • Free High Speed Internet

Hutchinson Travel Forum

Need advice about Hutchinson, Kansas? Visit the Travel Forum for Hutchinson and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Hutchinson hotel reviews

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites HUTCHINSON, KS
Best (5.0 out of 5.0) 1 Review
Microtel Inn & Suites Hutchinson
Best (5.0 out of 5.0) 1 Review
Econo Lodge Hutchinson
Best (5.0 out of 5.0) 2 Reviews

Explore Deeper into Hutchinson
For some fun in Hutch you can...
Off The Beaten Path