701 Village West Parkway, Kansas City, Kansas, 66111, United States

Hotels.com Expedia.com Booking.com

Satisfaction Average

Costs 23% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• worse stay i have had

I am a frequent traveler and this was the worse stay I have ever had. Where do I begin? I brought my husband here for his birthday and I was so embarrassed. First of all the room was extremely small...of course not the size of the picture online. The 2 person Jacuzzi was a joke it only fits 1 person and I refused to get in it because it was so dirty. But the best part about it is that we had the water running for 30 minutes and it still never got hot so I had to wait to come home to take a shower. BTW we stayed in the Colorado frontier. This room is so outdated the t.v. is from the 1970s and it has an outdated dvd player. The room is dusty. The fire detector was just hanging out with wires the tv wires were just hanging out everywhere. Whoever owns this business please understand that in a stay all of the small details matter cleanliness....upgrade your rooms. The whole place smells like a nursing home. And of course to top it all off the reason why you are there for the breakfast. We asked if they could bring breakfast first thing in the morning they arrived 2 hours later with the wrong breakfast. I was so frustrated I just wanted to eat and get out of there. But of course I could not do that because the food taste like rubber was cold and had no smell. There were like 3 cars in the parking lot the whole time we were there. I am not surprised if this place is going out of business it is a joke. I would not recommend any one in the world to spend a dime at this place . I have never in my life have wanted to just get home and was so excited to be in a clean environment with running hot water and good food when I got home. This place is so overpriced it is an injustice that they think these rooms are worth that price.....

• Awful Customer Service

This post is not meant to be an attack. It is simply stating my experience with Chateau Avalon. The hotel itself looks very nice, and I'm sure that several guests have not experienced issues such as this. This is, however, indicative of a larger problem with overall customer service.

I had made an online reservation for the night of February 13th. I made the reservation on February 1st. I had placed the reservation on a credit card that has a limit on how much you can spend in one transaction. Per their website, the cost at time of reservation would be 50% of the total cost of the room. Unbeknownst to me, the rate I had been offered was a special 72-hour sale, and the cost at time of reservation was 100% of the total cost of the room. This amount was over the transaction limit set by my credit card company, and thus, the transaction was not accepted.

This would have been fine, as I would have placed the reservation on another card. However, no attempt was made to contact me! I found out about the problem when I contacted Chateau Avalon to confirm the reservation three days later. I was then informed that my credit card was declined. I asked if I could put the reservation on another card, but the woman (who was actually very cordial) said that the room had already been booked. I asked if there was another room, but she said that there were no more rooms available.

Needless to say, I was quite upset by this, as this was supposed to be a Valentine's Day surprise for my girlfriend, who absolutely loves this hotel. The woman I spoke said that I might be able to contact the manager to get a free room on another date. I left a message for the manager, promptly made a reservation at another hotel, and the next morning, a representative (not the manager) contacted me. She said that I had indeed been contacted by phone and by email. This came as a shock to me, as I never received any email, and I was never contacted by phone, and never had a voicemail message. She said that the person who put the notes on my account was very diligent about this, and definitely made the attempt to contact me. She believed her staff over the customer over a very simple matter, and that is definitely a mistake.

I was dumbfounded that she even suggested that I was wrong. She offered to give me a similar room on a different date at the same price, which was less than adequate, due to the circumstances. Nonetheless, I accepted. She assured me that I would be able to take advantage of the offer within a certain amount of time. I requested that she email me this information. However, to this day I have not received any emails from Chateau Avalon, except for the original reservation confirmation.

If I had not bothered to verify the reservation, I may have come to Chateau Avalon that night, only to find out that I wouldn't be staying there. That would have been utterly unacceptable.

• Chateau Avalon

A very unique hotel with all-suite themed accommodations with spa tubs, and more.
    Choices include Egyptian, Tahitian, Presidential, and Jesse James experiences.

Unique Quality: Gourmet breakfast arrives outside the door at designated time

Directions: Near the KC Speedway and trendy shopping and dining, easy access to the parkway

Comments