601 East Poyntz Avenue, Manhattan, Kansas, 66502, United States
BEST WESTERN Manhattan Inn
Orbitz.com Booking.com Travelocity

More about Manhattan

First Territorial CapitolFirst Territorial Capitol

Original wood beam supports and frameOriginal wood beam supports and frame

Farmers & Drovers BAnk from 1892Farmers & Drovers BAnk from 1892

Kaw Mission to teach Indians the American wayKaw Mission to teach Indians the American way

Travel Tips for Manhattan

A place called ' Aggieville.'...

by Gaby_Thieme

A place called ' Aggieville.' It is a student hangout for all people young at heart.
Manhattan has a lot of Colleges and with it lots of businesses that cater to young people.
I enjoyed the 'Mall' as well.
It is also home to the ' Kansas State Wild Cats' a great college football team
There is also a man made lake (dam) for boating,etc.
For Military interests, there is Fort Riley nearby. An active post. Fireworks on the 4th of July,
Bisons,
the hot weather,
the nicest and friendliest young people,
great churches!

During the Renaissance Festival people dress up for that period of time. This is Queen ElizabethI. There are also knights fighting on horses,etc.

Manhattan Tip

by donovanel

I had a great time at this little soiree...reminded me of being at a wedding reception--minus the bride and groom! I will always remember constantly walking on the balls of my feet, because my heels kept sinking into the grass! Talk about a creative way to turn the soil!

Cowboy Hats and Belt Buckles

by foxglove23

Unlike my hometown in eastern Kansas, you'll see many people in Manhattan wearing cowboy hats and boots. My first class at K-State was the first time I saw anyone using chewing tabacco (beware the pop bottles with brown juices in them!). I suppose this is what most people imagine midwesterners to be like, but it was new to me!

The “K-State Wildcats” are...

by donovanel

The “K-State Wildcats” are members of the Big 12 Athletic Conference and have championship football and basketball teams. You will see 'wildcats' printed everywhere. Also--the term POWER CAT is used in conjunction as a term for their mascot--knowing this can eliminate any confusion. There is a story behind this one...trust me...but I think my boyfriend would be pretty embarrassed if I told it...

Seen through purple and white colored glasses!

by aphrodyte

The closer you are to Manhattan the deeper you get into wildcat country. You will an abundance of powercat logos and wildcat trademarks. Too many to count. And with the exception of the Minnesota Vikings, we have the market cornered on the color purple.

In the past there has been a deep aversion to the Kansas Jayhawks. (And that is putting it mildly.) However, we recently have had some confrontation with the Nebraska Cornhuskers which has caused some burning resentment. Many do not know why...but let me tell you, it might have been the defacing of our big Manhattan sign. Some idiot, i mean Cornhusker fan, decided to paint the last 'n' in the sign red...well they didn't bring enough red, so they turned it pink.

Wildcat fans know that there are other very good colleges and college fans out there and have respected them in our own way...except for the Chickenhawks...um Jayhawks. That's just a rival that we cannot overcome.

Anyway, please respect the fans.

Comments