1401 Southwest Ashworth Place, Topeka, Kansas, 66604, United States
Expedia.com Priceline.com Orbitz.com

Satisfaction Average

More about Topeka

The GroceryThe Grocery

Extra support added inside cupola for extra weightExtra support added inside cupola for extra weight

Scenes from John Steuart Curry's "Kansas Pastoral"Scenes from John Steuart Curry's "Kansas Pastoral"

Scales of Justice in Audio/Visual RoomScales of Justice in Audio/Visual Room

Travel Tips for Topeka

The Mystery of Little Carrie's Grave Marker

by basstbn

Little Carrie Frances Kiene was laid to rest in 1885 at the tender age of five, with a lovingly-carved young girl sitting on stones to mark her grave site. As the seasons have come and gone over the past twenty years or so, an unknown person or persons has slipped into Mount Hope Cemetery to update her wardrobe, replacing it with something more appropriate for the weather and time of year. Here she is dressed for spring in May of 2010. Cemetery workers say they do not know who the mysterious gravestone-dresser is. I think it's better to not know, to allow a little bit of mystery in our fact-filled lives.

For my virtual tourist friends...

by brdwtchr

For my virtual tourist friends from other countries if you come all the way to Topeka Kansas may I suggest you try a USDA Choice graded steak. Beef cattle are raised throughout Kansas and I will say are some of the best any where. There are many places in Topeka to try a steak. I have only been to two of them so far. The Outback Steakhouse is part of a major restaurant chain and is located on 21st street. The Timberline steakhouse is on Wanamaker road. They are both a short drive from the history museum that I enjoy in Topeka and close to West Ridge Mall.
One thing I like to do at Timberline is get the peanuts. I throw the peanut shells on the floor under my wife's side of the table until she gets annoyed. Don't tell her this but she is pretty cute when she is annoyed. Steak!!!

Topeka, Kansas

by AcornMan

"Nothing to see here, please move along"

Well, what can I say? This very boring city, which is the capital of a very boring state, is my home. Fortunately my parents taught me the value of travel from a very early age, so I don't just stay here all the time like a lot of people do. If you ever find yourself in Topeka for some reason, have a look at my travel tips for some things to do.

Comments