Candlewood Suites Wichita Northeast

3141 North Webb Road, Wichita, Kansas, 67226, United States
Candlewood Suites - Wichita Northeast
IHG Orbitz.com Booking.com

More about Wichita

Wichita Indian at the base of the Arkansas RiverWichita Indian at the base of the Arkansas River

Travel Tips for Wichita

Wichita Tip

by Carnation

This is the plane I had to get on from Dallas to get to Wichita, about 90 minutes flight. Oh boy, this was definitely not the same as a jumbo jet. Coming back from Wichita to Dallas we hit a tornado and the girl sitting across from me was holding her friend's hand and crying in fear. I just happened to have a seat right by the wing and all I could do ws watch that propeller go round and round as we dipped and dived and I feared for my life.
I was totally frozen to my seat, absolutely terrified, I wanted to scream and cry but my mouth was clamped so tight that I kept biting my tongue. As I looked....did I say looked?.....I meant gawped open mouthed out through the window I could see the black clouds.......(hey Stephen Spielberg must be round here somewhere lol) very black and very angry, coming at us and all I could think of was 'Well, it was nice to know you world, see you in the next one'. I'm not kidding you folks, it was bad, but thank goodness we got to Dallas ok. I couldn't pick my stomach off the floor and straighten my legs up and get the heck out of there quick enough. Oh what a relief when I stood on solid ground again! And that weather was still at it. I was stuck in Dallas for 6 hours because of the weather and I watched it all while waiting in the gateway lounge. They now use jet planes. Mind you I dont see any difference, but at least the propellor wont fall off!

Watch out for Incoming

by grayfo about Hangar One Steakhouse

Airport themed steakhouse, think a hangar during world-war two with fighter planes and you capture the ambiance. The restaurant had only been open 5 weeks and it was Saturday night at 9.00, so it’s hardly surprising the place was packed. After being told there was a 45 minute wait I left instructions that I could be found at the bar, no problem. About 20 minutes later and a friendly chat at the bar a table was free. The food was excellent and done exactly as I like it and I shall fit in another visit before I return to England.

As an afterthought why does everyone take their leftovers home with them?

email Melissa.simpson@hangaronesteakhouse.com

May 2009 Conquest Ribeye (12 oz) with Double Fries - $15.99
Large Bud Light - $4.00

Hands on fun for the kids and the kids at heart

by kschatterbox

I am happy to say that Exploration Place has done a major change and now is a great place to spend a day here. We have just finished having the Titanic Exhibit which is HUGE for us!!
They also have Exploring Flight and Design (we are well known for aircraft here) and Exploring our only home and many other things. Cant for get the Cyber Dome either.

Kansas Aviation Museum - May 2009

by grayfo

"Boeing 727-100"

The 727 short to medium range Trijet is the world's second most successful jet airliner built. Of the 582 727-100s built, almost 400 remained in commercial service in late 1998, with 40 more used as corporate jets.

"Boeing 737-200"

The 737-100 and 200 are the first generation production models of the world's most successful jet airliner family, Boeing's 737 Twinjet. There were 1,144 737-100s built, approximately 1,737-100s remained in commercial and corporate service in early 2005.

"Boeing B-52D Stratofortress"

The first large-scale production version of the Stratofortress was the B-52D (Model 464-201-7), of which 170 were built between June 1956 and November 1957. The B-52D was built exclusively for the long-range bombing role.

"Boeing KC-135E Stratotanker"

In operation since 1957, the KC-135 Stratotanker was used primarily to re-fuel aircraft during flight. Modified KC-135s, however, served as flying command posts, pure transport, electronic reconnaissance, and photo mapping craft.

"General Motors F-84F Thunderstreak"

The first swept-wing F-84F prototype flew on June 3, 1950 and deliveries began in 1954, primarily to the tactical Air Command as a ground support fighter bomber. F-84Fs gradually were replaced by supersonic F-100s in the late 1950s and were turned over to Air National Guard units. However, some F-84Fs were called back to temporary USAF service in the early 1960s due to the Berlin Crisis.

"Learjet 23"

One of the world's largest, fastest, best selling and well known series of business jets, the Learjet family began with the original six to eight seat Lear Jet 23 which first flew on October 7 1963. 105 turbojet powered Lear Jet 23s built, in late 2002 34 23s were in service worldwide.

"Lockheed TV-2 Seastar"

The T2V Seastar was an improved U.S. Navy T-33 (TV-2). Its rear seat for the instructor was raised six inches to improve the view over the student and a more powerful engine was installed. Other modifications were made to make the Seastar capable of carrier operations. The prototype first flew in 1953.

"McConnell Air Force Base"

Adjacent to the museum is the McConnell Air Force base which was named in honour of Wichita brothers Fred and Thomas McConnell, both Air Force pilots and World War II veterans. It is the home of the Air Mobility Command's 22d Air Refueling Wing, the Air Force Reserve Command's 931st Air Refueling Group, and the Kansas Air National Guard's 184th Intelligence Wing.

Comments