Holiday Inn Select Wichita

BROADWAY STREET (AVENUE?) IN WICHITABROADWAY STREET (AVENUE?) IN WICHITA

Travel Tips for Wichita

Wichita Tip

by Carnation

The best time to go is the last week in May because the airfares drop dramatically just before the peak season prices. I flew American Airlines from Gatwick/London to Dallas/Texas, Dallas/Texas to Wichita/Kansas. Also because my nieces would finish school for the summer vacation. So I would stay right up until the second week of July.

Make sure you have sufficient medical insurance to cover your full length of stay. I got mine from the Post Office. They offer a good deal, so pop in there and ask about it. I dont think it is very widely known.

Becky and I went to the...

by brdwtchr

Becky and I went to the Wichita Greyhound Park to watch the dogs run. It is a big nice facility. No photos are allowed inside so I took this one of Becky in the parking lot next to a bronze greyhound. She is holding her form book and her winnings. We watched 5 races and Becky picked the winner 3 of the 5 races. I lost every single bet I made. Inside the park is a booth where you can adopt a retired racer.

Great Plains Transportation Museum

by grayfo

The Great Plains Transportation Museum has a great location in Old Town with tracks and the Santa Fe steam locomotive #3768 extending over a main street. The Santa Fe steam locomotive #3768 was the fourth locomotive of the 3765 class, which Santa Fe commissioned to be built as "the next generation" locomotive for their passenger trains in 1938. Visiting the museum can be broken down into two parts, the inside consisting of various pieces of history, pictures and a gift shop. Whilst outside, visitors can climb into 13 assorted old engines and railroad cars. The museum is operated by the Wichita Chapter of the National Railway Historical Society.

Saturdays all year long: 9:00 am to 4:00 pm

email info@gptm.us

May2009

KK's new Wichita Page

by KKFROMKS

I'm an adventurer in the summer of my life. I enjoy raising a family and still being able to be true to my spirit. I work a normal job as a web developer (if there is such a thing as a normal job). I love children and they seem to like me alright as well. I have a Brownie Girl Scout troop called the Kansas Jayhawks. These 13 little girls rock!

My adventurous spirit comes from riding my bike as a child and always wondering what was just around that next corner. Once I followed my spirit and landed in another state. Needless to say I was in big trouble with my parents.

As an adult I've been all over the USA, Mexico and Canada. I've taken a month in the jungles of Nepal and have spent as much time as I could in Amsterdam. There was also a Christmas spent in Singapore that I would count as a tourist and would like to see again.

Comments