Holiday Inn Express Berea

108 Peggy Flats Road, Hwy 21 & I-75, Berea, Kentucky, 40403, United States

More about Berea

stock photo from the tourstock photo from the tour

taking a break and letting my henna dry!taking a break and letting my henna dry!

Church HIll WeaversChurch HIll Weavers

a view from a new subdivisiona view from a new subdivision

Travel Tips for Berea

With over 40 artisains and...

by Stuart_A_Ray

With over 40 artisains and craftsmen, Berea is the folk art, craft center of Kentucky. A craft fair spring (MAY 19, 20 & 21) and fall at Indian Fort Theater, east of downtown on KY21. A 31-year fall tradition with over 100 juried Guild Artist & Craftsmen exhibiting. Live music, dance, demonstrations, & children's educational events.

You must see a friend of mine, Charles Harvey welcomes you to 'Simple Gifts'. He has been building Shaker furniture and oval boxes since 1982. I have made literally thousands of Shaker oval boxes and hundreds of Shaker chairs. http://www.charlesharveywoodwork.com/

For more: http://www.berea.com/

The Arts and Craft Center of Kentucky

by Toughluck

Berea is considered the Crafts capital of Kentucky. It would appear that the economy over the past few years (2006-2008) has not been kind. Many shops are still open, but the town is vary quiet in the summer. Maybe, we were just there at the wrong time of the year. There are plenty of skilled craftsmen around, as we saw much of their work. We did not find the studio-shops that we had heard about. Still, if you like hand crafted items, this is the place to be.

WILDEFLOWER's new Berea Page

by WILDEFLOWER

Burea is a mountain town. We snacked at this resterant hotel after climbing the pennacles close by. The pennacles take about four hours to climb. I'll put pictures of them in here later. We were visiting a friend of mine that was going to college at EKU, so we were only here for a couple of days. It is really beautiful. There is a college around here that only the mountain kids aree aloud to go to that college.

[ View My Guestbook ]
[ Sign My Guestbook ]

Hands Around Berea

by Krumlovgirl

"Artists' Hands"

Taking its cue from Lexington and other cities that have had local artists design their own version of city symbols, Berea has chosen to do "hands." They can be found all over town and each one has a little sign on it explaining who the artist was and what the title of the project is.

Comments